Quote Originally Posted by LisaA View Post
I am using Xara Designer Pro X11. When I open it up, it tells me that there is a new upgrade to Xara Designer Pro X for $99 only until September 27th.
This naming convention has me confused. Is this an upgrade or an older version of what I have?

Then I ran across this HumbleBundle Deal (https://www.humblebundle.com/softwar...n=tile_index_4)

Is this the full blown Xara Designer Pro X? Again does Pro X precede Pro X11? Which is actually the latest version?
The offer will elevate your v11 to v15 (v16, which is out soonish). The HumbleBundle is for v15.1. Some have had prblems with registration and access to the Online Content catalogue. This should be taken up with Magix who should honour the HB deal.

My gut would not go for the HB deal and rather make Magix earn its $99. For a hobbyist, $25 for a year is probably worth it. For someone who is selling designs, go for the Magix offer.
There is no knowing, at present, about the upgrade path for version and after a year of use.

If you can afford to try the HB deal for $25 with the possibility of a loss of $25 then the breakpoint is a risk of 25% (1 in 4) of the HB deal being no good.

The Magix oferf will be extended beyond 27 September, based on its past record, so you have no real pressure.

Acorn