Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Magix Ultimate Creative Design HumbleBundle deal

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    Whaaaaat? What happened to the 365 subscription model where you get all updates for the next year from time of purchase? Man that would suck even more, I hope you're wrong.
    That statement was down to me, not browj2. I was referring to other applications, not Xara. Again, I don't know how HB operates or Magix thinks but it appears we will be getting a major version every year and I am yet to see how this will operate seamlessly.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    Whaaaaat? What happened to the 365 subscription model where you get all updates for the next year from time of purchase? Man that would suck even more, I hope you're wrong.
    Somehow you have it shown as though I posted that message. I did not; it was Acorn.

The quote was "Typically in the past..." which, I believe was referring to the past method with payment each time a new version came out, if one wanted to purchase it. The present method is, if a new version comes out and you are within the 365 days update service, you get it. Your interpretation is incorrect. I leave it to Acorn to reply.

Oops, just saw Acorn's reply.
    Last edited by browj2; 27 September 2018 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Added about Acorn's reply
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I must have done a copy and paste on the line then hit the quote button on wrong post, sorry about that.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

I asked the Humble Bundle Support folks: 'So do I understand correctly that with my Humble Bundle Purchase I will have exactly the same online updater functions as purchasers of the regular software for a year, and will my updates occur at the same time? ' I was told that this is correct

I'm very impressed with the speed of their replies (and of course with their answer).

good to know

the only differences I have noticed so far are on the face of it cosmetic - eg the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER software xara path is XtremeProHB x64 and therefore not in the same folder as my xara bought 11 and 12 [XtremePro x64]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi, anyone tried activating the XDP16 demo with a HB licence key?

Regards.

Hi Kc853

See this thread.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...PRO-16-!/page2

Others are asking the same question.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Deltapete View Post
    Hi Kc853

See this thread.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...PRO-16-!/page2

Others are asking the same question.
    Peter
    Thanks for the advice. Too bad that the upgrade is not possible.