Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Magix Ultimate Creative Design HumbleBundle deal

Just a "Heads Up"...

For US$25 (or more if you're feeling generous) you can get the keys for eight Magix titles including Xara Designer Pro X with "one year's free access to the Online Content Catalog". Offer expires in 13 days as at 12th Sept 2018.

The "Downside"... Be aware that the software may not be the latest versions and expect to get frequent "upgrade" email offers from Magix.

Default Re: Magix Ultimate Creative Design HumbleBundle deal

Thank you!

Hello, I am new here. I know about this offer and I was searching for some information about offered software, because there is something I don't really get here.

https://www.magix.com/int/photo-grap...ct-comparison/
    That's the Xara products comparison from Magix. It compares 3 softwares:
    - Xara Photo & Graphic Designer
    - Xara Web Designer Premium
    - Xara Designer Pro X

First two are available for $7, last one for $25. Can anyone tell me why should I go for the Designer Pro X over the other two? By looking at the comparison, there is very little exclusive content and the other two seem to be able to do similar/same stuff that ProX can. Can anyone tell me what are the actual differences in usage of 2 vs 1? Or simply, what are the benefits of having Pro X.

Edit:
    All mentioned software is sold at version 15.
    Last edited by Soul Reaver; 12 September 2018 at 11:21 AM. Reason: additional information

Quote Originally Posted by jaydear View Post
    Just a "Heads Up"...

For US$25 (or more if you're feeling generous) you can get the keys for eight Magix titles including Xara Designer Pro X with "one year's free access to the Online Content Catalog". Offer expires in 13 days as at 12th Sept 2018.

The "Downside"... Be aware that the software may not be the latest versions and expect to get frequent "upgrade" email offers from Magix.
    I used the last Humble Bundle Magix deal (as my XWD Premium and P&GD were due to expire). Even though they only offered a few months of content catalogue updates I was very satisfied as I actually received the latest version of the Xara products in the bundle and all the (limited) updates.

I've now taken out the latest Humble Bundle Deal. XWD Premium is not included, but Pro is. From a quick glance it looks like the latest version but can anyone please confirm if there are differences? Will we get updates in the software as well as the content catalogue? And do we have the same facility to install on 2 machines?

As the Humble Bundle folks are comparing their (tiny) price to the full price, I would think that they legally need to point out any differences in functionality between the full priced software and what they are offering.

Thanks
    Yaffa
    Last edited by yjs; 12 September 2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: for clarity

Like I wrote, mentioned software is in version 15, while current is 15.1 (probably free update, but I am not sure). It's true that with HB (Humble Bundle) you should always check what they are offering, especially with IT books, as those are usually (always?) very old (5+ years in terms of IT means old, or VERY old).

As for this software bundle, you can check most important info here: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/...s/360008810014

For the 2 machines license - yes, I've checked that on Magix webpage. Single user, up to two machines at a time (movable licenses).

Still, anyone can help with telling the difference between 2 cheaper options and the Designer Pro X?

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reaver View Post
    Like I wrote, mentioned software is in version 15, while current is 15.1 (probably free update, but I am not sure). It's true that with HB (Humble Bundle) you should always check what they are offering, especially with IT books, as those are usually (always?) very old (5+ years in terms of IT means old, or VERY old).

As for this software bundle, you can check most important info here: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/...s/360008810014

For the 2 machines license - yes, I've checked that on Magix webpage. Single user, up to two machines at a time (movable licenses).

Still, anyone can help with telling the difference between 2 cheaper options and the Designer Pro X?
    The comparison page, https://www.magix.com/int/photo-grap...ct-comparison/, is showing Premium, which is not on offer. Xara web designer is very limited. The two cheap ones are 32-bit.
    Only Xara designer Pro X offers all the business print themes as a bundle (on-line) and Pantone. Basically, you would chug along at ~30% production rate if you tried to do things in one of the products, copy across to the other and back again. Far too tedious. Assume Magix (and xara) have split these to make such efforts a real chore. Now if Xara Web Designer Premium were on offer, you might get up to 70%. I would recommend Xara Designer Pro X.

Personally, I would just invest $1 in Xara 3D Maker 7 to see what limitations Humble Bum brings to the table as it is cheap and fun to use.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reaver View Post

Yes, normal Xara software allows 2 installations, but this software via Humble Bundle advised deactivating in order to install on another machine and I was wondering if this meant that this version is in some way restricted. Kate Moir had also mentioned in another thread that Xara software on offer via a different channel had some restrictions, so I was wondering what applied to this bundle.

Obviously it's great to know that I can use Pro for a year, and the version I downloaded via Humble Bundle (15.1.1.54376) seems to be the latest. But if the much-needed bug fixes aren't going to be included it will be a real problem. Ditto if I can't use it on an additional machine. As it is I have XWD V 12 and two instances of 15 Premium both installed (my original and the Humble Bundle version), juggling between them and P&G for different workarounds - not to mention an installation of the incredible Webstyle which won't let me upgrade from Windows 7).

Yaffa

This is the best that I took for 25 bucks .

Just installed ProX. The serial didn't work with the software downloaded from the Xara site, but the download from the Humble site worked and installed version 15.1.1.54376.

Edit: Checked the magix.com product registration page. There is no mention of the update service. While for WDP (also purchased via humble bundle) it is mentioned to expire in a few days and DPX (V12) purchased via Xara website mentions as expired.
    Last edited by siran; 12 September 2018 at 05:57 PM.

Bought it earlier today. Observations:

1. The Serial seems to be for a specific build for Humble Bundle. They dont' give a link to any installation files in your account. Back-Up Everything (Program, Content, and PanoramaStudio installers) just in case you get a situation where you cannot re-download from Humble Bundle.

2. You can access everything in the Content Library, but no indication of how long this will be in your MAGIX account. Download everything and Back-Up the Cache Directory to another drive... Just in case.

3. You can install on two machines. I have done so.

4. Seems to be the latest version. Later build than Photo & Graphics Designer from the VEGAS Pro 14 Humble Bundle a few months back (Aug 2018 vs. May 2018). Probably because it's a specific Humble Bundle Build.

5. No word on Updates. Humble Bundle site stated that you get 1 year update services. If it's not including, that would be an oversight on their part (in terms of misleading buyers).

Got it mostly to do Social Media graphics stuff. It has some nice templates.

Is there a way to "install" the Local Designs Gallery; so that it is permanent, and doesn't get wiped out if you mistakenly clear the Font or Fill cache? :-P