Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Magix Ultimate Creative Design HumbleBundle deal

For anyone who's still 'on the fence' - the Humble Bundle deal expires in just over 2 hours. For me so far it's been great. I have installed it successfully on two machines and had no problems registering or using the Content Catalogue. It's nice to use the new tools and to have everything in one programme - and to have a useful PDF manual. I'm hoping that by comparing their product price-wise to the regular Pro, Humble Bundle cannot refuse to honour the year of upgrades, which are included in the regular Pro, but we'll see.... BTW for anyone getting this or other Humble Bundles, you have the option of dividing your payment as you wish between the creator (Magix), Humble Bundle and different charities.

@yjs

Thanks for the reminder, I almost forgot. Just downloaded everything. I only wanted Xara 3D Maker 7 and PhotoStory, so I have a bunch of other software that I can give away to deserving people. I already have Xara Designer Pro X, renewed in July.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I'm pretty sure it is exactly the same program you'd get off the Xara site or Magix site. Well I hope so anyway, after much sitting on the fence I finally upgraded to 15.1 with it.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is exactly the same program you'd get off the Xara site or Magix site. Well I hope so anyway, after much sitting on the fence I finally upgraded to 15.1 with it.
    Same program. The downloaded installer from HumbleBundle seems to be special to HumbleBundle, but when you execute it, it downloads the trial version from Magix. Depending on the program, sometimes Magix bundles third party software (plugins) with them. You don't get these. I just installed 3D Maker 7 and PhotoStory Premium VR. Everything is there.

Usually, Xara DPX comes with Panorama Studio 3. It is not currently offered on the Magix website, and I presume that it did not come with the HumbleBundle Xara.
    Did you get 1 year free M hosting (2 GB, top level domain) with HumbleBundle Xara?
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Did you get 1 year free M hosting (2 GB, top level domain) with HumbleBundle Xara?
    No idea. Probably not but I'm really only interested in the core program and 1yr of updates (hoping that the next year brings some decent features or improvements).
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

my humblebundle designer pro 15.1 has the option to install Panarama studio 3

no idea about the hosting never used that
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I asked the Humble Bundle support folks about updates and was told: "As far as patches and maintenance goes you will receive all of those updates, however as far as newer versions of the software that is not included." I have asked for further clarification about the distinction.

Not wishing to rain on any parade but Xara has stated that there will not be a v15.2 update; it is going direct to a new version, v16.0.
    Typically in the past, all major versions, for most software purchases, reset the clock for support and renewals. I don't know how Magix's model works.

Perhaps this was Magix's intent by releasing the HB offer now ahead of v16.0 but I suspect your licence number should be good for a major version change as faced by all the regular renewers.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

M hosting would require a Coupon Code, to be used when activated. Nothing like that was in the HumbleBundle.

I'm surprised and pleased that Panorama Studio 3 came with it.

I would expect that there is really no difference between what happens with the update service for regular purchases vs Humble Bundle. Once you're in, you're in. I think that those with the HumbleBundle version will likely see v16 show up. At the end of the 1 year, the same conditions apply if you don't renew. If you have to reinstall, it would revert back to 15.1 plus patches, nothing new.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Typically in the past, all major versions, for most software purchases, reset the clock for support and renewals.
    Whaaaaat? What happened to the 365 subscription model where you get all updates for the next year from time of purchase? Man that would suck even more, I hope you're wrong.