Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Replacing FAVICON problem

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to replace a favicon for a site. I've deleted the old one, added the new one and named it favicon, then repeated it on all pages. However, after publishing, the old favicon which I deleted continues to show. Does anyone have any explanations or answers how to solve? Thank you!

Default Re: Replacing FAVICON problem

Try Ctrl + F5 and see if it appears. This forces the browser to reload the page.

Browsers cache content and images and want to show these even though the page has been updated.

Hi, I just made a new favicon with the automated help on this site.
    https://realfavicongenerator.net/
    Then you will have all different favicons for various platforms, and favicons on shortcuts they make, and your own tiles in win10.
    You can even dictate the colors.
    All is send to you in a zip.file including header html.

And you even can make an "update setting" so client browsers update to the new one.
    A LOT of browsers once cache an favicon and never look again for an update, that might be your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by babbybobby View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to replace a favicon for a site. I've deleted the old one, added the new one and named it favicon, then repeated it on all pages. However, after publishing, the old favicon which I deleted continues to show. Does anyone have any explanations or answers how to solve? Thank you!
    A favicon is only needed once on the home page and it can be off the Page Background. See if https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...008#post541008 makes sense if you have to then go to the trouble of adding one per page then follow Cloud's example.

A favicon will only Preview in Firefox, I believe. You have to publish to look at the actual website and you may also need to clear your browser cache (Ctrl+F5) to get to the new favicon.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Red14 - Have you tried this in WebDesigner?

yes i did, a bunch of different iconsizes in the root folder, one or two script files for specific platforms are included and put there too.
    the result is great, if you make a favorite of the site you get the favicon as the shortcut.
    or in win 10 as a tile, you can even set your preferred tile-color.

so, files in rootfolder (filezilla) and paste the specific header code in the header of every page.

not tested all platforms jet but what i saw worked great.

see lagune.nl for the result. https://www.lagune.nl/

i'm coming from the favicon on index page in WD, deleted that now.
    lol, made the favicon in WD too and exported as jpg.
    (WD replaced ms publisher for me fully, so much faster in creating and better looking)

This is what you get from the favicon site: https://realfavicongenerator.net/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	122149