Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The right thing to do 2

We used to release free patches addressing critical issues, typically soon after a major release – but if it happened that there were bug fixes after the next major version then you could only get them by buying an upgrade.
    And thereby lays the problem Kate, the frustration, the feeling of abandonment, the lack of understanding regarding the update service of loyal users .

If there's dissatisfaction just close the thread, problem solved!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Default Re: The right thing to do 2

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    And thereby lays the problem Kate, the frustration, the feeling of abandonment, the lack of understanding regarding the update service of loyal users .

If there's dissatisfaction just close the thread, problem solved!
    Genius...I wish I'd thought of that :-)
    IP

Actually just seen the response to my comment, which was not childish...the word he was looking for was puerile...and seeing as the overbearing and sanctimonious response to me:

(Hi Steward, I've deleted your childish comment and locked this thread. Please remain civil and follow the rules of the forums. That's all.
    Kind Regards
    Rob)

My further response is that my name is STEWART, no D, and if you are going to give me abuse at least get my name right. I will assume this further comment will be deleted, but you can rest assured the screenshots of this discussion will be sent to Magix and Xara along with details of my loyal support since the nineties, and further detailing how the ugrade I looked at this morning will not be enacted and I won't buy any other Xara or Magix products if that is how we, the people who pay the wages of Xara employees, are spoken to by those.

Might be childish/puerile, but hey ho..there you go
    IP

ahem... Kate is a she...

Kate the post before you closed that thread keith asked a question- I would be interested in the answer as I am sure would he

EDit - ok we are at cross puropes here - Stewart your quote is not from the thread Egg was referring to is it ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I think it is, and I think Egg is making a general observation that might encompass a couple of issues.

I took exception to a high handed attitude and my comment was deleted, an unforgivable insult on a forum unless it is truly abusive, which it was not, and the thread locked. Naughty and high handed especially when you consider I have been a loyal Xara customer and bought EVERY product since 1994. I don't appreciate it and won't accept it; NEVER delete a comment, that is puerile and arrogant in the extreme.
    IP

ah but some comments can be pretty bad - since I did not see yours I cannot be anything but neutral on that issue

sure egg is making a general point - my bad for assuming you were quoting from the same thread - his quote was from the thread kate closed - yours from the one rob closed after deleting your post - I should have read this thread a bit more carefully
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I understand...but I take exception to being called childish and uncivil when I was not, and won't accept I was.

I'll take it further but I think me and Xara have now after a long time parted company, and I don't think I'm the first or will be the last.
    IP

I used to get annoyed about such things... but then something happened that made me put everything into perspective, now I don't give a damn - it's not as if you are being called childish by anyone who matters to you personally, is it? And Rob is a very nice and helpful guy.. maybe just needs more air miles as a mod under his wing....
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I used to get annoyed about such things... but then something happened that made me put everything into perspective, now I don't give a damn - it's not as if you are being called childish by anyone who matters to you personally, is it? And Rob is a very nice and helpful guy.. maybe just needs more air miles as a mod under his wing....
    Possibly he does, and of course he, personally as an individual or his opinion, doesn't matter in any way shape or form in the slightest to me, but I'm looking at in the wider perspective of the whole discussion on Xara and it's products, and disappointment and frustration many feel how the software has gone and his attitude seems to me to be synonymous with the general malaise towards customers that seems to have developed.

2018 is the first year in decades that I can remember that AT LEAST one Xara product hasn't been upgraded by me, and I see no reason to do so now, and that is disappointing and while Rob might be helpful and very nice...I used to pay for that and was happy to do so, not to mention recommendations, but no more.

If Xara/Magix continues to dictate to customers what it says they want instead of actually listening to what they want and need, they'll find themselves dictating to the wind.
    IP

Okay, I'll reiterate the question i asked in the earlier thread ... since it was arbitrarily closed without an answer ...

Just to be clear about point fixes ...

The version I bought was 15.0 which I considered needed the squash/stretch issue fixing. This was fixed in 15.1, but additional items were also added in 15.1.

So is 15.1 a "point fix"? or am I only entitled to 15.0?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP