Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
Okay, I'll reiterate the question i asked in the earlier thread ... since it was arbitrarily closed without an answer ...
Just to be clear about point fixes ...
The version I bought was 15.0 which I considered needed the squash/stretch issue fixing. This was fixed in 15.1, but additional items were also added in 15.1.
So is 15.1 a "point fix"? or am I only entitled to 15.0?
@All, first off thank you to Egg to rekindling the Thread - can we all ensure that it does remain on topic?

@Keith
I have been (im-)patiently trying to get Xara to see that the Update Service leaves a chasm around bug fixes.
Its answer to your question is you will be able to "keep" v15.1, or v15.2 or v15.3, if such existed, and the bug fixes in these versions. So if you bought v 15.0, and in the year of your cover v15.4 was released, you would be entitled to use the added capabilities, the bug fixes and all downloaded content. You could even stop your version at v15.0, v15.1, v15.2 or v15.3; if you choose to upgrade to v15.4 and revert, some downloaded content and capabilities may not operate.

All is well. Until you are out of cover.

Use Case 1: You decide you want a second program download. All you get is v15.0.
Use case 2: You decide to disable the program on one machine to move to another. All you can get is v15.0.
Use Case 3: You update MS Windows. For Reasons, Xara does not handshake with your machine properly and you need to re-activate. All you get is v15.0.
Use Case 4: Your machine breaks. All you get is V15.0.

If Xara has created a point release for v15.0 then all you could download thereafter would be v15.0pr; you would at least have the bug fixes for v15.0 available.
There would not seem to be a way for a point release for a v15.1, v15.2, v15.3 or v15.4 to be rolled back into a cumulative release, accessible to all as there would then be code for bug fixes in the point release that might not apply as the capability is not there.

Look at it this way, if you use the newest capabilities in your web design then go out of cover and revert to an earlier version then aspects of your site will not be editable or even function.
It get worse if you look at the Online Content Catalogue as it is being updated behind the scenes on a frequent basis. Some updates include Smart Shapes that will only work with the version Named in the Shape. So if you download a Smart Shape at V15.2, Xara can "update" or even delete it for v15.3, v15.4, v16.0 or whatever and you get another mess to fight through.

In summary, you should get access to all bug fixes delivered by v15.4. If you can hold onto that version, all is well. If you need to re-install, you only get v15.0pr at best and lose all other bug fixes, and new capability.

Acorn