Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Uploading newly saved website

Hello again,
    I sure hope this is a proper Screen Shot and what can help you all assist me in getting to the bottom of what's going on. I hope this represents what I am seeing when I use Xara to preview my website. Please let me know if this is what you all need?

bob

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Hello again,
    I sure hope this is a proper Screen Shot and what can help you all assist me in getting to the bottom of what's going on. I hope this represents what I am seeing when I use Xara to preview my website. Please let me know if this is what you all need?
    bob
    bob, your design file (WEB) is fine; you are publishing to the wrong place.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello Mr. Acorn and everyone,

I am happy to know my design fine is OK. I used FileZilla to upload my website files and was so happy to see a published website. Now, how do I find out where my published/saved files are going? You all have been a real blessing to me on this. I could have never figured this out myself. I am still learning and love it. Any suggestions how I might find out where my published files are going would be very much appreciated. Thank you all for what you've done for me. I am so pleased.

bob
    Last edited by musicmanrobert; 12 September 2018 at 12:17 AM.

Your site is fine, but as Acorn states you must be uploading to the wrong directory. This directory is often public_html but only the web hosting company can give you this detail, we can't.

I've uploaded your site to my server to show you it all works fine. Link below. I'll delete it from my server in a couple of days.

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Good Wed Morning Mr. Egg Bramhill,
    I am so appreciative of everyone here for your help and attention. Everyone who reached out to me has been a real blessing. Everyone has been so understanding and kind. I just have to figure out where my saved files are going so they will be the only one's I publish.

bob

Since you are using Filezilla and have done multiple sites, are you sure you are uploading your files to the correct domain? Have you checked the other site to be sure it isn't now the BBQ site because your files went there? Easy to do with FZ (don't ask me how I know this). Also as a thought you might consider intentionally uploading your files to a different folder on your server (somewhere you can remember the path to, such as in the public_html folder create a new folder called test (or any name you want to use) and navigate in your browser to that folder and see if your site comes up there. It will be 'live' on the web but only to those that know the folder name to look in, so shouldn't be a security concern for you. And once you figure out the original problem it is easy to delete the test files/folder in FZ.

Mr. BK Johns,

Yes I have and I've tried "Ctrl-F5" a number of times, all to no avail. As I've stated with my very limited knowledge, I seem to be saving changes to the website in one place, but publishing to another place. When I review either pages or the entire website, I can see all of the changes I've made to the website. However, when I save then publish this 4 page website, the old version and not the new saved version shows up. I've been working on this problem all day so far. I sure do thank you for providing help. I really appreciate.

bob

Hi Bob, to make sure you are exporting your site to the right location, in FZ check the local files location and make sure that when you export your site from Xara it is going to that same location

Good Thursday Morning Mr. BKJohns,

Thank you for asking. Yes, I have completed several complete re-publish but I still get the website without changes. Thank you. I had not paid that any attention. I will try again just to see if there are changes.

bob