Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Uploading newly saved website

Hello Mr BKJohns,

After saving the updated/saved changes to the website I then re-publish, as far as I know, the entire website over and over again. I am going to re-read all of the Xara info on publishing websites. My situation is like saving and publishing to a website that is different from the one being published. Very strange.
    As I've said earlier, I have never had this problem before and it's a vexing one. Thank you very much Mr. BKJohns I appreciate your input as well.

bob

bob, what we usually do in these circumstances is ask for you to upload your design file to TalkGraphics. A TGer then is usually kind enough to publish it to their domain as a sub-site to "prove" it is as you are seeing in its Preview.

To do all this click the Reply to Thread button here then under the new Post, click its Go Advanced button. From there, there is an attachment icon for you to select your design file (WEB/XAR) and upload it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Mr. Acorn,
    It seems like you are on target regarding what I've been thinking. And that is, it appears that I am saving files to a website that is different from the one being published. I did see that my cPanel shows this website's files were last saved on Sept 8, Saturday, which is the website that shows up published and not the newly saved website that I can't find.

bob

Hi again Bob. To help you Acorn is suggesting you are uploading your website files to the incorrect folder on your web hosting server. No one on TG can determine this is the case or not.

However we can assist you if you attach your websites .web file here on TG. Then members can download it and publish it (temporarily) to their own web hosts to check the updates.

So re-read Acorns post & attach your Xara .web file so we can view it
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hello to all,
    I have no problem following Mr. Acorn and Mr Bramhill's directions regarding sending my (WEB/XAR) file for observation. Dumb question, but I have to ask. Were would I find the (WEB/XAR) file. I'm still learning so don't be too hard on me . Thank you, thank you all.

bob

Hi Bob, to find where your web/xar file resides, with your site open in Xara go File / Save As. This will show you the current file name and the directory path. Note this path then hit Cancel.

For example in the screengrab below I can see that the path to the file is:
    This PC > SSD (Solid State Drive) 120 (H) > My Documents > ! 1Club > bob.xar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	save-as.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	122122  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 11 September 2018 at 04:05 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Good Tuesday Morning Mr. Egg Bramhill,
    Thank you so much for sending me this information. I am more than pleased with you and others reaching out to help an 81 y/o man who is still very interested in learning. So far i've made 2 websites for folks in my church who want to start their own businesses and I'm happy to do it. This activity keeps me active and also causes me to have to think which I believe is very important to help prevent alzheimers. Thank you all again for your help.

bob

OK All,

Though I'm not sure whether the process we are looking for happened, I followed (I think) Mr. Acorn's direction regarding how to attach the needed document so that you all can see what's happening. I certainly hope this will lead you all to what my problem is. As I've said before, if you see that the Contact Page still has a large black square, this is not the saved document I see when I Preview this website. Initially, the large black square was going to be a "placeholder" for a large Coffee Cup Contact Form. However, I changed my mind because we thought it better folk called this BBQ gentleman which would mean fewer mistakes and faster processing. Again, I hope the Attachments arrived. If not, please let me know so I can go back and try again. Thank you all.

bob

Hi again Bob. Unfortunately there still isn't an attachment. Perhaps this will help. If you don't see the Manage Attachments button click the Go Advanced and scroll down until you can see the Manage Attachments button.

This video [old now but still valid] shows attaching a jpg but you can attach quite a few things. You need to attach your .web or .xar file

Egg

Dear Mr. Egg Bramhill,
    Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Thank you for this new information. Let me go back and try again.

bob