Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Light box

Default Light box

Is there a light box capability that works like a pop up, i.e. opens a new window containing a slide show for example and darkens out the page behind it?

Default Re: Light box

Not completely sure if it meets your requirements, but you can add a small placeholder to a normal pop-up layer for the dimming and make the widget stickie. (See example lb_and_widget.xar created in XDPX12.)
    This might not work with all slideshow widgets, but did for the one randomly chosen for the example.
    If you don't like the fixed position and would like it to be centered for example have a look at the file lb_and_widget_centered.xar. The widget in this example has a name to give it a class and some CSS at the page head code section (instead of the stickie option) to center the widget (the positioning depends on the size of the widget off course and so I chose to give the class a name containing its dimensions).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi siren,
    Thanks for this but I can't open it. A window pops up saying I need an app, if so which would you recommend please.

Thanks Mike

Just rename the .xar files to .web and then web designer should open them. I use designer pro and that saves as .xar by default.

Hi siren,
    That's got it many thanks.
    Cheers mike