Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shame on Xara.

Default Re: Shame on Xara.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    So what happens when a revision includes bug fixes and updates like 15.1 ... as far as I'm concerned that stretch/squash item was a bug fix not an update, and therefore unless I update when my subscription expires, I'll be forced to use the extremely crappy v15.0.
    Keith, that is the very point I have been pressing Xara with since our nemesis, sorry, the Xara Update Service was spawned from the Stygian depths.

A point release, bug fix, is very easy to deliver, it is a link to a download (v13.0pr). Purchasers then do need an email to advise that the version they bought (v13.0) needs to be additionally updated for the bug fix (v13.0pr), pending the next planned update (v13.1).
    This can totally bypass the Xara desktop program built-in automatic update function until the bug fixes are incorporated into the next update (v13.1 [incorporating v13.0pr]).

Storage is cheap, emails are cheap, common sense is priceless.

Simples,
    Acorn

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

I have emailed a link to this thread to Matt Bolton, I suggest everyone else does the same as it doesn't look as if anyone from Xara has even read this.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365
    IP

from another thread [here https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...08#post594308]

Quote Originally Posted by rob-xar
    The update service is entirely out of my remit unfortunately, that's pure sales department (which Magix handles)
    my concern is that bug fixes may have to go through that route too if magix are doing all the distribution

but yes, Matt invited us to email him... and the promised increased activity by xara in the forum looks like it may have stalled....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I have emailed a link to this thread to Matt Bolton, I suggest everyone else does the same as it doesn't look as if anyone from Xara has even read this.
    Uhm,strange they are not looking in the dear xara forum,don't you think.

But keep adding to the Dear Xara forums also as it keeps it in one section and makes it easier to scan through.
    found here https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...411#post597411
    IP

HI Ernie

You sent me the problem file in July and I replied on the same day providing

a) A workaround
    b) A PDF file exported from an internal build with the issue addressed
    c) Confirmation that the fix will be provided in the next release.

I have re-checked our internal builds and the issue remains resolved. I also advised that I'd contact you closer to the release to provide you with early access to the fix and this will be honored. Ill email you shortly with more information on this

Details regarding bug fixes and other queries concerning the update service are available from http://shared.xara.com/diNpZUgi2O/

Many thanks
    Bhavesh
    IP

This seems to be 1 of 3 threads on the same PDF question and I think Bhav has answered, so I'm going to close this one too. But if there are more questions on the specific topic, the final thread is still open @ https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...in-XDP-V15-1-0

Kate Moir

ps sorry if any of you have emailed Matt and not received a reply, he is currently on holiday - even CEOs have to have them sometimes!
    IP