Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shame on Xara.

Default Shame on Xara.

Elsewhere on this particular forum of Dear Xara (I wonder if the 'Dear' of Dear Xara refers to how expensive it is - but that is off topic (sorry)) there is this thread: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...x-in-XDP-v15-1 posted by Ernie, who not unreasonably asks why there is no bug fix for the bug-ridden XDP XV-1. He has been polite and patient, but as of now there has been no answer from Magixara, which is beyond impolite.

Please feel free to post your comments in relation to this poor (shabby) behaviour.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Default Re: Shame on Xara.

I gave some input into the thread Bob

I'll just add here that it amazes me that a company that does any serious testing of product prior to release could miss something like this; conclusion has to be they don't do anywhere near enough...

having gone down the subscription model road with promises of continual updates they have made a rod for their own back too; bug fixes were rarely if ever backdated to previos versions during annual release program; but with subscription users tend to feel cheated if they have to renew a subscription just to get a bug fix....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Yup,Again xara isn't anywhere to be found,only when the (new) products are to be pushed it seems.
    Last edited by haakoo; 04 September 2018 at 12:58 PM.
    IP

Or when the outcries become too loud and they attempt to placate us with sweet talk.
    IP

Xara/Magix haven't even managed to fix the PDF bug within 4 months, that's very sad.
    I thought when I renew my license, I support Xara and something new/better will come. But nothing will happen. From Xara/Magix only quiet so far. Xara/Magix does not answer.
    I paid again and have to work with two program versions because I cannot create printable PDFs in XDP v15. 1. In v12 I have no access to the new content like tables. So it's all crap and I'm a fool again because I trust in a diyng thing.
    I think now Xara is finally f****d up and going down. R.I.P.
    IP

@ Boy- Noticeably less often these days...
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    Xara/Magix haven't even managed to fix the PDF bug within 4 months, that's very sad.
    I thought when I renew my license, I support Xara and something new/better will come. But nothing will happen. From Xara/Magix only quiet so far. Xara/Magix does not answer.
    I paid again and have to work with two program versions because I cannot create printable PDFs in XDP v15. 1. In v12 I have no access to the new content like tables. So it's all crap and I'm a fool again because I trust in a diyng thing.
    I think now Xara is finally f****d up and going down. R.I.P.
    Ernie, I admire your patience and restraint.
    CEO Bolton should be grovelling on his hands and knees, begging your forgiveness and at the very least buying you off with promises of riches beyond your wildest dreams.
    But nothing. Not even an apology.
    Any CEO worth their salt would be tearing up trees in an effort to get to the bottom of all the problems and satisying his customers.
    Are you listening, Xara? Is there anybody there? It makes me sick!
    Bob.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Ernie, I admire your patience and restraint.
    CEO Bolton should be grovelling on his hands and knees, begging your forgiveness and at the very least buying you off with promises of riches beyond your wildest dreams.
    But nothing. Not even an apology.
    Any CEO worth their salt would be tearing up trees in an effort to get to the bottom of all the problems and satisying his customers.
    Are you listening, Xara? Is there anybody there? It makes me sick!
    Bob.
    Bob,
    Your words are slabe on my wounds. But how I wrote Hope is the last to die. If I belive it in these days…
    IP

Lightbulb Re: Shame on Xara.

@bob, I hope you have read into the "plain English" document Xara has prepared: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ting-Explained.
    If I re-download the version I purchased after my Update Service has expired, how will I get any bug fixes you release?
    If there are bug fixes we consider critical we release a point update. For example Designer Pro 12.6.0 was followed by 12.6.1 and 12.6.2 which had bug fixes but no new features. If you are entitled to 12.6.0 and download it, it will automatically update to 12.6.2, even if 12.6.2 was released after your Update Service expired.
    To achieve bug fixes across a version, you would need one for every update: e.g., v13.0 (v13.0pr), v13.1 (v13.1pr), v13.2 (v13.2pr), v13.3 (v13.3pr), v13.4 (v13.4pr), ... [pr is point release]

This failure is why Xara has been forced into deploying major version releases, so the next update we'll eventually get will be v16.0 and not v15.2 - I believe this as the timescale for updates has been extremely sparse.
    I hope Xara knows how to notify all its v15 Customers that a v16 is out as it failed when deploying v15 over v12.

For those who buy in late, Xara needs to offer an add-on cost to allow the Customer to buy into the remainder of v15 and all of v16.
    This ensures forward sales, forward capability and none of the revert to version first purchased nonsense that wipes out all (if any) bug fixes. See https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ht-thing-to-do.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

So what happens when a revision includes bug fixes and updates like 15.1 ... as far as I'm concerned that stretch/squash item was a bug fix not an update, and therefore unless I update when my subscription expires, I'll be forced to use the extremely crappy v15.0.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP