Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Whrere is the PDF-Bugfix in XDP v15.1?

Dear Xara,
    when will the PDF-bug finally be fixed in XDP v15.1?
    The money I paid for the subscription has no bugs either. You were happy to take it. Now it's time for you to act and fix the program.
    IP

Guest Guest

Default Re: Whrere is the PDF-Bugfix in XDP v15.1?

This is the answer I got 3 weeks ago: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...803#post597803
    So it seems they have a fix, but delay it to be released with the next regular update. One would think that a crippling bug like this justifies an immediate hotfix, but obviously XARA has other priorities.
    IP

one possible issue is, as I understand it, that magix are resposible for compiling the installers [having taken the marketing and distribution on board]; they may have other priorities...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Guest Guest

Could be. But then again Magix is actually selling a defective product since May (when 15.1 was released). They surely can't have any interest in that?
    IP

This is a poor and well known behavior. I bought a bug and they sell it as a update to be fixed. Maybe as a feauter like the squoosh thing.
    Magix this is terrible. If I would treat my customers so like You treat us, I'm out of bussines. PLS change that immediately.
    IP

well magix have an extensive product range, the question is how much of a priority is xara to them?

v15.1 actually fixed a lot of things wrong with v15.0 but not the PDF issue apparently; why i don't know, but perhaps it is not logistically practical to issue fixes 'at the drop of a hat' they have to wait in a 'queue'
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Ernie - it is bad, however I get the feeling [no more than that] that xara would have to make a case to magix for pushing this fix out ahead of the next update in terms of compiling/distributing, especially after the unplanned work that went into ver 15.1 itself
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Could a temporary way around this be for Xara to make available the updated/fixed export filter file(s) so they can manually be replaced. A bugfix of this type should be available to all, not just current subscribers.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    Could a temporary way around this be for Xara to make available the updated/fixed export filter file(s) so they can manually be replaced. A bugfix of this type should be available to all, not just current subscribers.
    It is an absolute impertinence to output a faulty version and then to keep the errors ready for subscribed users only. Xara/Magix do your homework and correct the delivered bugs for everyone.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Ernie - it is bad, however I get the feeling [no more than that] that xara would have to make a case to magix for pushing this fix out ahead of the next update in terms of compiling/distributing, especially after the unplanned work that went into ver 15.1 itself
    Steve, my heart bleeds for Xara - no, it really does!! (where is the sarcasm smiley when you want one?)
    If my memory serves me right Xara wasn't forced at gunpoint to sign up with Magix. The worst day's work it ever did.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP