I ticked the do not show again box and it disappeared

but today I get a new offer for the same thing, but slightly cheaper:

[Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-09-02 08_38_38-Window.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	122044

these are just the latest in a long line of spam marketing notices

Xara, I do not wish to receive continual spam marketing information from you of any sort; I believe I am entitled to ask you to desist and that, having so requested, you are now obliged to ensure I do not receive it

Pease desist forthwith

I invite anyone else fed up with this to add their request to this thread
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Please stop spam marketing

Agreed, Steve, it is intrusive and unnecessary (and shabby) - after all, they are, for the most part, preaching to the converted.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Dear MagiXara...

If you haven't realised GDPR / Datenschutzerklärung might just apply here - big time (c.f., UK Consumer rights Act 2015).
    I include Xara, who claim Magix cover marketing, as the noticeboard is hosted by xara.com.

Please look at https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...blocks-program urgently.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

and again - todays is on the right...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stdiff.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	122187

spot the differences.. apart from the way it is described and the cut-off date I can see non whatsoever - same thing for same price.. same irritation factor, same 'no if i was going to update i would have done it by now' factor

there should be a means of switching this out in the program UI or in privacy settings in my account [wait does it have privacy settings....]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Steve, this is the Dear Xara section of TG. If you want a response from Xara, then you should post your query in the Dear Xar... (oops, sorry ).
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I got another one of those today. And last week I got the following pop up on my desktop!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-09-13_09-05-47.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	122193

That nails it for me. I will never buy another Xara product or update ever again. I'm done.