Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text line not showing on a couple of pages of a simple site

Hi,

I lost a WD 11 design file and had to recreate it. Fortunately it was a simple site. Am having a bit of trouble with the copyright line showing up at the bottom of a couple of pages--slipregistration and location pages.

On the slipregistration page the text isn't there at all; in the location page it shows up in a view source but not when rendered by Firefox.

?

Thanks!

--Ben
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Text line not showing on a couple of pages of a simple site

Ben, I'm about to shut down so I can't check your file. But isolate (S) the mouse over layer or any custom layers and see if the text is on those layers. This is what can cause this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Ben, I'm about to shut down so I can't check your file. But isolate (S) the mouse over layer or any custom layers and see if the text is on those layers. This is what can cause this to happen.
    It looks like these are both on the mouseoff layers, as are the other ones that do show up.

--Ben

Strange, if you create a new page it does show up. Original doesn't show in IE, Edge or Chrome.

I would create a new page and copy the other elements to it, delete the original and rename the new page.

If you can save the original file though so that Xara can take a look at it.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Ben - One other thing to look at is page size. If you have opted for all pages same size (or even if you have not) and some content extends below the page or off the page and you have by default Clip to Page Edges it will be visible in Xara but not when published.

Hi Ben, I'm having issues with your site which I may need to pass on to the devs. Will get back later.

Meanwhile I suggest you correct your latitude and longitude data. You've mixed them up, you can only have a latitude of 90 degrees North or South, never 118.2877 North
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host