Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Web Designer Premium Upgrade add blocks program

Hello,

It's not possible to remove the add (Upgrade offer) and work on my Web Designer Pro's documents. What is going on?

Default Re: Web Designer Premium Upgrade add blocks program

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver5 View Post
    Hello,
    It's not possible to remove the add (Upgrade offer) and work on my Web Designer Pro's documents. What is going on?
    We don't know so I have moved your question to the dear Xara forum.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I've got the same problem, can't close the add (upgrade offer), can't use the program and can't close the program.

I am sorry you are experiencing this - it does not seem right.

Are you sure there are no modal windows underneath your Xara Desktop application that are doing this? It is an MS Windows issue generally and not necessarily down to Xara.

If not re-open the application by right-clicking Run as administrator. It is possible that so libraries need to be correctly linked.

Raise a ticket through Magix.

I keep these nags open on purpose on three separate versions and I am able to close them or even get them never to re-appear.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Running as administrator does not solve the issue. It is related to the add from MAGIX, and I can't use the program. It is extremely annoying to be pushed every time with Magix adds, and now BLOCKING THE PROGRAM. PLEASE SOLVE THIS TODAY. I need to shout because I use the program for professional websites and I need to make changes but can't do so.

Windows is running like a charm, nothing wrong there. I called the helpdesk, no one answers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	122047

NOT possible to click the add away, no response at all. Program BLOCKS!

For all friendly users. When you disconnect your computer from the internet the add does NOT show up and you're able to work again. 100% proof that XARA is online creating this error. PLEASE SOLVE TODAY and stop pushing the adds in the future.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	122047

NOT possible to click the add away, no response at all. Program BLOCKS!
    It might not be obvious but there are two close icons for the Xara (not Magix) version of this ad pop-up; the red outer icon and we have a black inner cross in a white box. Only the red one closes now the pop-up. In Xara WDP11, I too have no red close icon but if I press the Esc key, it all goes away.

I hope that helps.

Major SNAFU Magix and Xara.

Acorn

For all friendly users. When you disconnect your computer from the internet the add does NOT show up and you're able to work again. 100% proof that XARA is online creating this error. PLEASE SOLVE TODAY and stop pushing the adds in the future.
    Thank you for that.

Can any TGer recall the Windows Registry setting to disable Internet connection - if you are out of the Update Service cover, why have it hogging bandwidth?

Acorn