ID:	122034

this offer comes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (6).jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	122035

From formaly 129,–€ to now 99,–€.
    Maybe I wait annother two month and finally got Xara for free!

Default Re: Is that true?

And at the same time, Magix bumps XDPX down to 25th position, second page, in the Product Finder.
    (£89, €89, $99).

I might recommend upgrading, if the figures made sense:
    New XDPX £199/£199, Upgrade £89.
    New XWDP £185/£70, Upgrade £35.

45-50% for an upgrade, when it comes, is too steep. We are over 3 months since v15.1 was unfurled and coming up to 9 months for v15.0.
    Effectively, why shell out cash for on-line access that is achievable, for free, with a little effort?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Effectively, why shell out cash for on-line access that is achievable, for free, with a little effort?
    You shell out the money for the bugfixes, not the online access...

Here's what came to my mind: The first XARA version with the subscription service started in July 2016, if my memory serves me right. I assume that many long-term customers bought themselves into that quickly, resulting in quite a few subscription services up to renewal around July/August every year.

Now, here's the interesting part: In both 2017 and 2018 the "spring" release of XDPX had/has annoying or downright crippling issues with the PDF export, which were only solved by the "fall" release, which appeared rather late in the year, i.e. later than August.

You need to export PDF? Well, then renew your subscription or go find another piece of software. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

I personally jumped to Affinity Designer. Works better and is WAY less expensive. I have supported Xara for years, but when they went subscription everything went down hill and remained an expensive investment, so with that... I'm out. I also moved all of my web design projects to WordPress and Elementor Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    You shell out the money for the bugfixes,...
    ... Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    When out of Update Service cover, you lose the bug fixes back to your purchase version if you re-install, unless Xara chose to release a specific bug release.

Xara needs to ensure bug fixes in the year of cover are retained but its approach cannot accommodate this.
    Why should anyone be shamed to criticise Xara on its subscription model or are you reflecting the term back onto Xara?
    'Dieu et mon droit' might be more apt.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Info Re: Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    When out of Update Service cover, you lose the bug fixes back to your purchase version if you re-install, unless Xara chose to release a specific bug release.

Xara needs to ensure bug fixes in the year of cover are retained but its approach cannot accommodate this.
    Why should anyone be shamed to criticise Xara on its subscription model or are you reflecting the term back onto Xara?
    'Dieu et mon droit' might be more apt.

Acorn
    P.S. Do review Xara's explanation for the Update service: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ting-Explained.

"Caveat emptor" may also be appropriate.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I have decided not to update this year.

But now that I only have to pay 88,- € (99,-$) I did it.

Since yesterday the beta of Affinity Publisher is available and was one reason to continue supporting Xara.
    The publisher has good beginnings but before you get prof. work with it it will still take some months.

So I ended up back with my beloved and hated Xara. And if you are honest, there is no better program to insert and edit PDF's outside Adobe.

Maybe something will change at Xara-Desktop and we finally get the tools we've wanted for 10 years. Hope is the last to die.

I got the offer for $200 off - ie $99, just like I got last week's offer of $170 off, and the offer the week before that, and before that and.....- not upgrading; the cost differential is frankly irrelevant in the face of nothing new for me

I am looking at affinity publisher beta, been looking forward to this...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I am looking at affinity publisher beta, been looking forward to this...
    I downloaded the Publisher beta this week and I'll tell you, I believe that this will be a great piece of software when all is said and done. They included an email with 16 tutorials and are asking those using it to report any bugs or suggest any features that we would like to see added to make it even better. They have set up a dedicated forum for all of us to report our findings... that is really cool!