Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good Alternative to Malwarebytes

Can anyone here recommend a good quality program for my Windows 10 PC's to replace Malwarebytes Premium?

I'm sick and tired of their subscription games! I go through this every year!

I don't want to go into it with anyone, I just want to know if there is a good alternative program.

How about WebRoot? I've heard it's a good one.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Re: Good Alternative to Malwarebytes

They are different programs Ron. I have both Webroot SecureAnywhere and Malwarebytes Premium. Webroot is a web security program (what we used to call anti-virus) and Malwarebytes prevents Malware from being installed on your computer. I know what you mean about subscription games. Malwarebytes has a Facebook page you can visit and send them a message https://www.facebook.com/Malwarebytes/

Here's a link to a review of anti-malware programs by PC Magazine https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/354226...otection-tools I suspect that most of these are just as aggressive as Malwarebytes though.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    They are different programs Ron. I have both Webroot SecureAnywhere and Malwarebytes Premium. Webroot is a web security program (what we used to call anti-virus) and Malwarebytes prevents Malware from being installed on your computer. I know what you mean about subscription games. Malwarebytes has a Facebook page you can visit and send them a message https://www.facebook.com/Malwarebytes/

Here's a link to a review of anti-malware programs by PC Magazine https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/354226...otection-tools I suspect that most of these are just as aggressive as Malwarebytes though.
    Thanks for your response and references, Gary.
    There's such a plethora of programs out there, many of which get high ratings! Hard for me to know what to pick.

Xara's Facebook

for what it's worth I've used eset internet security for the last five years or so - the eset stand-alone Av is ok too, but what appeals to me about the internet security suite is that as well as the AV/malware/hacker /ransomeware protection it manages the windows firewall and the defender settings for you in current windows 10 - you can always manually set things of course

opinion is divided between whether a single solution is best, or more than one program.. I would go with just the one integrated suite, otherwise 'competing' Av's can cause issue like slowing down your computer by interfering with each other or eating up resource unecessarily... I never bought into the idea that more programs meant more security worth the extra cost and possible hassle as long as your chosen solution was one of the top rank... back in the day when they did seperate things maybe, today the best ones do 'everything' and eset is good at keeping up with the latest threats

it is 40 for the first year, but after that renewal [for me anyway] has been about 25 - currently it is on offer for 28 GBP [in the UK at least]

https://www.eset.com/uk/
    Last edited by handrawn; 02 September 2018 at 08:32 AM. Reason: clarity
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Steve,
    I appreciate very much the recommendation of eset. So, thanks. I'll definitely give it consideration.

About 6 months ago, a MS tech support "trouble shooter" stated that he used Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium. That's it. So, that's what I have been using for the past 6 months. Everything seems to be fine, except that occasionally I run TDSS rootkit and RogueKiller to grab what Defender and Malwarebytes missed. But because of Malwarebytes shananigans, I'm looking to go with a different malware program, not just another AV.

It's difficult for me to make a decision. $25 a year for the sub is not bad.

Thanks again, Steve.

Xara's Facebook

For years I have been using Windows' built-in firewall combined with Avira free antivirus and Malwarebytes Premium. Quite happy with the combo.

Webroot SecureAnywhere and Malwarebytes Premium has been (for me) the best security I've ever had in years...

as far as the subscription thing... when is everyone going to just accept that this is the new thing...?

95% of companies have adopted this system, and yes, we, can do nothing about it.

Yes the users can band together and blah blah blah... LOL But when the major companies band together (as they've done), well again, we loose... so get on with it already.

I will offer up another one for you to look at. Spybot-S&D. I have used this one and Malwarebytes for years. I have found that Spybot finds different and in many case more items than Malwarebytes.

Ray

Thanks for relating your experience, Boy.

Ray,
    I'll look into Spybot, Thank you.

Xara's Facebook

I used to use Spybot search and destroy but it seems to not work with windows 10. So have been trying Super anti spyware.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.