Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Good Alternative to Malwarebytes

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    Webroot SecureAnywhere and Malwarebytes Premium has been (for me) the best security I've ever had in years...

as far as the subscription thing... when is everyone going to just accept that this is the new thing...?

95% of companies have adopted this system, and yes, we, can do nothing about it.

Yes the users can band together and blah blah blah... LOL But when the major companies band together (as they've done), well again, we loose...
    so get on with it already.
    I don't appreciate that remark.

As it turns out, they have contacted me and are willing to provide a way for me to do just what I asked for. In fact, they also stated that they are in the process of making changes to their current policy, as I am NOT the only customer to have complained about the auto-renewal.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I used to use Spybot search and destroy but it seems to not work with windows 10. So have been trying Super anti spyware.
    Thanks, Larry. I'll look into that as well.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

often the choice is personal

I settled on eset because it has very high scores, the IS version covers all the major threats at least, and I can customise it the way i want.. firewall in patricular; it also plays well with latest windows 10 and the changes MS are making to the now built in windows defender implementation

Ron I know you said you did not want to go into detail - but if you are saying malwarebytes do not give an option to manually renew then that is a question mark over their trustworthyness in my book [no need to answer this, just saying ]

only used them once when I first heard of the program years ago... made no great impression one way or the other as I recall
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks Boy, I'm looking into that.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.