Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Video in Lightbox

Another approach would be to change the widget to support multiple images wrapped in a slick slider. I made a start already but am not sure yet if it will work in the end.
    The attached files are the first part of a tour to get started in creating a modified widget and the result of it.
    The change to the widget is very minor in this first part, it only adds a mouse over effect to the close button of the lightbox.
    And the tour doesn't really explain very much. That's because there is no documentation available and I am not very sure about all this stuff, it's all just the result of experiments...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Siran, had a few pints this afternoon. Best look at this tomorrow
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, me too!
    Unfortunately I noticed in the meantime that the attached file widget_multivideolb_v1 - part 1.xar misses some changes. Please don't download it but use the attachment of this post instead.

Edit: Okay, to be honest, I only started at 5pm local time, so not sure if you may say afternoon.
    Edit2: Its 10pm now and I feel quite relaxed.

Hi again Siran,

Edit2: Its 10pm now and I feel quite relaxed.
    I've d/l'ed your latest xar file and on preview I'm presented with a blank page
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,
    are you still up, or did you get some sleep?
    Now to the problem. When you preview, do you open the widget directly or did you drag it to a web document. When I do the later it works in my good old V12. When opening it directly it won't work, and that is an expected behavior.

Siran,

Thanks for the explanation.

I guess what is throwing me off the most is how does Xara know where to get the "lightbox.min.css" and "lightbox.min.js" from because I do not see where there is a link in the web properties. The only link I see is in the text file on the page, I must be missing something somewhere.

Thanks
    Ray

Sorry to have caused this confusion Ray. They are not included anymore. I have merged them into the javascript constructor of the widget. This was partly required to make it more flexible and partly because some of it was not very efficient.
    Or, maybe there is a misunderstanding. Which file do you refer to?

Siran,

Ok I think I am following you now. I will have to digest this.

Thanks

Ray

Many thanks for all your continued work on this siran, and apologies for the delay in my reply - it's been a busy week!

I've downloaded the test files you've posted, and the widget now does everything I need in terms of creating the thumbnail with mouseover effects. What I'm still not sure about, however, is how I can integrate these into my Slick carousel. I don't know if I've missed something I'm supposed to do, or if you haven't got that far with your experiment yet?

Hi Gary,
    I already had prepared part two of the tour but then got lost in trying to add the slick slider to the widget.
    Just in case someone is interested I post part two, but I am not sure if I will manage to create part three.