Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Video in Lightbox

I want to put some thumbnail images on my site that represent videos, and then have the videos open (playing from Youtube) in Lightboxes when they are clicked. I can see how to make popup photos but can't find a way to use this with videos. Any ideas how I can do it? I've done some searching and have found a couple of paid tools, but I'm ideally looking for a free solution. I'm happy with some coding if necessary.

Default Re: Video in Lightbox

Maybe this THREAD is similar to your requirement?

Many thanks for this, Siran. I don't think I'll be able to make this work, for two reasons. First, because my website has variants, and pop up layers do not work properly in variants when the site is viewed with Safari on iOS devices (Xara confirmed a bug following a report from me earlier this week). But also, the links to the videos will be near the bottom of my page, rather than at the top, so I need to set the popups to appear in the centre of the viewport, rather than at a specific location on the page. That's why I'm thinking I need a lightbox solution, unless you can think of a way to centre a pop-up layer?

Did a quick example with a jQury plugin. See license information and plugin address in the example file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sweet Siran!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg, but in the meantime I recognized it is quite limited. Hard coded sizes and such. Maybe if there is some time available I'll try to get some flexibility ouf of it...

Siran

That is very good. Would have to play around with a variant to see how it would work but I really like this.

Thanks for posting.

Ray