Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default File deleting on website after upload takes ages

Hi
    I upload my site (not Xara hosted) using the built in uploader. Upload isn't fast but the deleting of unused image files takes ages, maybe around 10 seconds per png which often amounts to 20 minutes even when I am changing very little on the site. This has been an issue only for maybe the past year but the new version of web designer has not made any difference and so I wondered if this is an issue anyone else has. An associated issue is if I click on anything while the upload process is taking place the program crashes. I am now using Windows 10 but the problem was also there with Windows 7.

Default Re: File deleting on website after upload takes ages

Never had that issue. How do you know the uploader is deleting unused images? What happens if you upload the site with a FTP program like Filezilla. Have you got Fast Publish selected?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fast-publish.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	122462  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have the same issue, publishing goes to 99% and then file deletion starts doing its slow actions.
    win7 ultimate wd15 200/20 cable internet connection.
    To different hosters all the same. (EU/US)
    Fast publish or full publish makes no difference.
    Dont know when this started, just happened a while ago with all sites i upload.
    FTP is fast as usual but that wasnt the question, thats an extra workaround.

Okay, try this. Publish to a new sub-folder. As it's new there will be no older files to delete. Does it publish faster?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host