Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
Certainly, Acorn. The traffic on the site was comparatively low to a fully public site, so curation was easy. We (client and I) made the decision that a manual system for a blog would more than meet his needs. Articles are published, comments are emailed, and approved comments are manually added to the conversation stream. The client received comments directly and emailed approved comments and replies to me. I simply added them to the page stream for that article. Like a traffic circle (round-about) it works quite well at low traffic but not at high volumes. We averaged 10 to 15 comments per week.

I saw it as a security issue. With all the non-sense that goes on with hacked site, I encouraged the client to not use a direct access commenting system, like WP, so that no one but he had access to the site. Automattic (WP makers) and any plugin used have some form of access to the site files. I've seen too many bad plugins break a site. Unfortunately, he is the client that passed and the site is down. Hope that helps.
Thanks Dan, my questions were pointed back at dawnschoice, who appears to be a fly-past; your reply should have been in answer to RKissane.

Acorn