Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Web Designer Premium 12

Hello! I am trying to replace the word 'menu' in a mobile variant (from one of the Xara templates) with the 'hamburger' 3 lines button . I have tried for hours! I have found some help on Talk Graphics but it's not obvious to me how I integrate someone's example into my 5 page website!

Surely there is a SIMPLE way to do this, even without the online catelogue (which I no longer have access to as I don't want to pay for Xara's update renewal). It must be one of the most common symbols, yet no Xara tutorial that I've found shows how this can be done. SO FRUSTRATING!! Many thanks for any help anyone out there can offer - in very basic steps please if possible!!

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Premium 12

Hi Nick, if you go to Insert -> Fontawesome and look for "bars (hamburger)"

Info Re: Xara Web Designer Premium 12

Nick, here is a potted Hamburger NavBar:

Create and place three black rectangles, grouped together.
    With the Text tool, type an X.
    Centre the X with the hamburger and group.
    Right-click select this group and pick Create Navigation Bar.

Right-click select the NavBar and pick Open.
    Replace the X with a space.
    Add sub-menus...

I am sure Gary Priester has documented hamburger menus so many times that he is a level-10 Aktins dieteer.

You can curve the corners, change the colour, add a rollover, make it a double cheese with pickle burger.
    Absolutely no need to rely on Xara's meagre offerings in the Online Content Catalogue.

You are in control.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat