Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Professionally curated and design-worthy free fonts on the web

The version of Cree sylabics we need is the one that's in this dictionary that SiPhiKo sent me...

http://www.creedictionary.com/

I have a feeling that, if you can pull this off, you will receive recognition in high places.

Toby
    Last edited by Gare; 18 September 2018 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby Neuendorf View Post
    The version of Cree sylabics we need is the one that's in this dictionary that SiPhiKo sent me...

http://www.creedictionary.com/

I have a feeling that, if you can pull this off, you will receive recognition in high places.

Toby
    Hi Toby—

First of all, I removed your email address from your post. We have SO many spammers to weed out daily, I did not want you to volunteer as another target!

Generally, a spammer is banned within a few minutes, but it's that time in-between, you know?

I'll write to you soon. It's a good idea to stay on topic on this thead about free fonts.

This sounds like an exciting project!

I used to do free fonts for the tg membership when Xara Xone was an active concern.

Name:  inside out guy.png
Views: 12
Size:  6.5 KB
    My Best,

Gary

I don't know why this typeface is called College Stencil, but it's free on Behance, and there appears to be all the characters and numbers, although no punctuation glyphs in this free version.

I think with its minimalist rendering of a Didot-style font (where the thin parts of a Roman font go from 12 to 6 o'clock), it's a good font for creating a logo for a fancy product.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	college stencil example.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	122222

Have fun!

Name:  Bubble-Yum-Kid.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  5.4 KB

Highstories 10 font variations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	font.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	122260

Condensed and futuristic. Good for headlines and logos!

g

Hi Gary,
    I have been trying to detective my way to finding the originator and license for the Russel Write TT font. It appears to already be installed on my system either via Xara or CorelDraw, and several sites have it listed as "unknown" and "free," while other have it listed as "donationware" and have you as the author.

I am considering using the font in a commercial video game app I'm creating, both as the main font and as a basis for building some illuminated woodblock-style lettering. Can you clarify the terms of use for me please?

Thanks kindly,
    JJ

I'm flattered.

It came with CorelDRAW. because I show how to create a version of it in one of the CorelDRAW guides from the 1990s.

Glad you contacted me, because the font is NOT free, and some of these "scrapeware" sites usey typefaces without telling and without my permission.

That id, the Donationware version requires no payment to me, but Barbara (our Administrator and spouse) and I would like you to pass along some good Karma for the price of my work.

God a few bucks—the size of the gift is up to you and your conscience—to:

❤ Doctors without Borders

❤ Any relief fund for the Untied States, because some people don't believe in Climate Change and we're getting hurricanes like never before, flooding, and our local temperature has been so bzarre for the past five ars, we were't able to grow and apples on our trees, nor blackberries.

❤ Or Goodwill.
    ☒ We used to encourage donations to Th Salvation Army, but their CEO now makes ˝ mill/yr.

❤Give a sandwich to a homeless person. Give therm deposit cans or bottle you'd otherwise throw out.

❤Help an elderly person up the stairs or onto a bus.

I have a version2.0, but its commercial, not free.

Stick to the Donationware version.

My Best,

Gary

Name:  Thank-you-key.jpg
Views: 1453
Size:  14.9 KB

Ok, thank you, Gary! I can certainly and gladly comply within the guidelines of your donation requests.
    Have a great day!
    JJ

Good Karma be with you, always!

The Karma doesn't come from me, though. I'm just the messenger.

The people whose life you touch are a reflection of how the Universe feels about you.

Too cosmic, huh?

;)

Name:  typography.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  12.3 KB

Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 04 October 2018 at 05:58 PM. Reason: typo

I'm now looking over my shoulder in case anyone lifts me into a bus, regardless!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat