Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Lock Pages

Lightbulb Lock Pages

Dear Xara...

It is asked enough for in TalkGraphics - can you add a Lock/Unlock icon to Pages in the Page & Layer gallery?

I appreciate that this impacts Fast Publish and probably NavBars.
    It does add the possibility of not publishing certain Variant pages as a major bonus.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Lock Pages

+1
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It would have an impact on Repeated objects on pages as well. And Life copies maybe? Page numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred vanderZee View Post
    It would have an impact on Repeated objects on pages as well. And Life copies maybe? Page numbers?
    Fred, yes, it would affect Page numbers, hence my mention of Fast Publish. Repeated objects and Live copies, not really, other than Xara's renumbering of graphics, hence again Fast Publish.

It is no worse than asking Xara to properly consider the impact Variants has on Forms and other widgets, page backgrounds, font styles and so many other niggles and bugs.

My remedy has been a meta page redirect, so the pages' contents are published but the viewers never sees them; a dedicated poker-around can still find and present the content.
    The hardest part is to decide where the page redirect should point.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat