Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Days gone by

Default Days gone by

I'm no photographer but I have a lot of old pics. I keep a record of days gone by with them. I recently found this one from 1947, it shows the snow we had in the UK which in parts was really deep and drifted, this became known as the 1947 Blizzard. I also altered the image in Fotosketch which I think looks really nice. I was eight years old then and I think that car could go from 0 to 60mph in half an hour

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winter in days gone by 1947.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	122000   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winter in days gone by 2.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	122001  

Default Re: Days gone by

There is probably a motorway fly-over near those houses these days. An utterly charming piece of folklore my parents would refer to from time to time. Thanks, Stygg.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Nice, Stygg. Very nostalgic. I was five at the time, lived across the pond, and did not own a camera or I might have taken that photo.

Thanks, Stygg. I remember that winter well, snowed up in Suffolk and couldn't get to school for several weeks.

Love it Stygg. Like Gary P I must have been 5 at that time, not that makes any difference since I have never been to the UK.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks to all for your comments, it's so nice to know that picture gave a little nostalgia and brought back memories of days gone by where ever you live.

Stygg