Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: publishing

Default publishing

If working on a site can I publish just certain pages and say not the one I'm currently working on.

Default Re: publishing

No, it is an all or nothing effort.

To get round this, I sometimes clone the design file and delete out what I don't want and publish form that.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

thanks, just thought that thee may have been another way, but I can live with that idea.

When you publish you can specify in the Settings section Fast Publish (only changed files).

This works after your first full publish. Xara creates a file and then checks to see if anything has changed when you make changes and publishes only the things that have changed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fast publish.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	122002  

No, it is an all or nothing effort.

To get round this, I sometimes clone the design file and delete out what I don't want and publish form that.
    I've not tried that but I'd worry that published scripts or css style sheets might end up different and omit things the non-updated pages on the server might need. I'd normally upload everything just to be safe.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.