Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Striped King Script + Swashes FREE

Unless you joined the US Space Force and have been out of town, there is a glut of free typefaces on thew web. I mean you can step on about five of them on your way to Facebook to post a photo of food. :)

one of the most handsome hand scripts you'll find theses days, and accompanying swashes, for free

Here's an example. Think of how much more polished you can add to a product, logo, whatever in Xara with a swash beneath the text, and the swash 100% belongs to the script style.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-22-2018 9-08-16 PM.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	121983

Gopher it!

My Best,

Gare

Default Re: Striped King Script + Swashes FREE

Thanks Gary!

Thanks for the heads up, Gare, it's a really nice script.
    There is a glitch using XDP (teal version), but fine using Illustrator (black).
    I imagine this is a Xara anomaly rather than a fault with the font.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Striped Kink.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	121984  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Not Free, full version costs $18. The free version is not a complete font and not striped.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

All true, Christine, but beggars can't be choosers...$18 isn't a huge amount to pay when just one style of Fineday, for example, costs more at My Fonts (€24).
    I can live without the stripy version (and the zero), anyway.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

If ya all had gotten it from Creative Market (and were signed up there) the whole shebang is/was free.

https://creativemarket.com/creatype/...Vintage-Script

See if it still is. Full commercial license.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, Gare, it's a really nice script.
    There is a glitch using XDP (teal version), but fine using Illustrator (black).
    I imagine this is a Xara anomaly rather than a fault with the font.
    Bob.
    Here they join just fine.

Name:	capture-002148.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	121986

Well, at least I'm happy that my post generated some traffic on tg!

I understand forum traffic generates vibrations that shake the dust off.

The bottom line? You can get this font in various degrees of Freeness from several sites, including the author's at Behance.

I'm not bragging here, but I do occasionally buy Cottage Industry fonts. Because I myself sell fonts online, and me and my wallet can relate.

Name:	Type on Tap small.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	121987

I gave away several typefaces while I was curating the Xara Xone.

Not certain, but I think I have a healthy professional interest, but not an addiction to typefaces!

Does anyone remember the Bad Old Days when Castcrafte and SWFTE ripped off the designs of commercial fonts such as Metropolis, Banco, and the Clearface family (among many others) and still charged a comparatively merciless price for the forgeries?

BTW, the lowlifes who ran OPTIFonts (AKA Castecraft, the Kreiter brothers) were exposed on this [url=http://luc.devroye.org/fonts-27506.html] website, $1,000 for their collection, and none of whose fonts were licensed or originals.

Within the body of this text is a link to the catalogue of OpTIFont rip-offs online. And the original names of the typefaces are clearly listed. I believe someone out there believes in fair play, and Kerning Karma. Thanks to Luc Devroye, a fellow font freak, for the research work.

802 OPTIFont "look alikes", or varying quality

Why not buy the original, which surely will have better glyph outlines, when you have the money and the need?

Ever-proselytizing without reason,

Gary

One of the nicest script fonts I have found is Hancock http://www.fontpalace.com/font-details/Hancock/
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Thanks for that, Christine.

A bolder formal script typeface is always welcome as part of a basic font toolkit.

As er Mike's excellent suggestion, I looked into Habanos Script and it is indeed a $30 font. It's possible the creator didn't get sany traffic and released the font fror free, but didn't update every link on the web, but better safe then sorry.

The kerning table also sucks, and this appears to be a font auto=traced from a scanned version. The nodes are placed as though a chimpanzee was at my typewriter.

Or me before coffee.

Cross off this entire site for future free font shopping.

Name:	say no to pirate site.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	121995

I'll find some more beautiful faces in the future that are unencumbered by a guy in an alley with a large stick looking for thieves.

Idea here? Let's use our better art judgement, as I seldom do, to promote excellent typography and font creators here, and not make it a Font ShovelWare Depot.

Thoughts?

I think setting a standard here, and I know that this is relative, can eventually attract traffic to tg as we become known.

TIA,

Gare

Name:	fonts in gold.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	121993
    Last edited by Gare; 24 August 2018 at 09:15 PM.