Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re TG Etiquette

Default Re TG Etiquette

Hi Frances, sorry to post a new thread but you've locked the earlier thread.

Can I make the additional suggestion that you include a suggestion on how to do a a proper Google search of TG. TG's inbuilt search facility is crap
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Re TG Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Frances, sorry to post a new thread but you've locked the earlier thread.
    Can I make the additional suggestion that you include a suggestion on how to do a a proper Google search of TG. TG's inbuilt search facility is crap
    You could create a bookmark with Name Search TG and URL:
    Code:
    javascript:q=""+(window.getSelection?window.getSelection():document.getSelection?document.getSelection():document.selection.createRange().text);if(!q)q=prompt("Search%20TalkGraphics.com%20[leave%20selection%20and%20box%20blank%20to%20list%20all%20pages]%20...").replace(/\s\+/g,"%252B");if(q!=null)window.open('https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Atalkgraphics.com/+%27+q.replace(/\s+/g,%27+%27));void(0);
    Basically, it saves you typing 'site:talkgraphics.com/ <phrase>' in a new tab.

You either highlight a phrase of any web page you are viewing and click Search TG or click Search TG and type in a phrase.
    I use DuckDuckGo over Google any day.

In this example web page, do not just click the link - follow the instructions: Bookmarklet - Search TG.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

search phrase site:talkgraphics.com works in DuckDuckGo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    search phrase site:talkgraphics.com works in DuckDuckGo as well.
    Gary, the bookmarklet doesn't need you to go to DuckDuckGo, it does it for you.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for sharing Acorn!

A sweet solution Acorn. Could it be attached to Frances Etiquette thread?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    A sweet solution Acorn. Could it be attached to Frances Etiquette thread?
    Sorry Egg, Frances (angelize) has greater powers than mortal me.
    PM her.

Acorn

Egg

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi guys. I thought I replied to this post 2 days ago... darn disappearing posts

I have added a copy of Acorns search TG bookmark post to the etiquette thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

angelize, thank you,
    Acorn