Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Eight page supersite - transparent header flashing

Hello,

I am beginning a build on an eight page vertical supersite. I have my slightly transparent header (w/logo, navigation) *sticky* so everything can move behind it, but while scrolling between pages, the header flashes upon transition to the next page. I obviously know what is causing the flash, due to the repeat, but is there a way to avoid this or get away with one *sticky* header to be displayed on all pages rather than "repeating on all pages"? One total header would solve this, just not sure if that's possible here without having one giant single page that would limit the functionality I'm looking for.

Thanks

Default Re: Eight page supersite - transparent header flashing

Quote Originally Posted by Kp3tr0ff View Post
    Hello,
    I am beginning a build on an eight page vertical supersite. I have my slightly transparent header (w/logo, navigation) *sticky* so everything can move behind it, but while scrolling between pages, the header flashes upon transition to the next page. I obviously know what is causing the flash, due to the repeat, but is there a way to avoid this or get away with one *sticky* header to be displayed on all pages rather than "repeating on all pages"? One total header would solve this, just not sure if that's possible here without having one giant single page that would limit the functionality I'm looking for. Thanks
    Long time in getting to this. Are you still using XWDP10?

There would be no "flashing" if you were using a Supersite as this effectively is one giant page, seemingly in separated sections.

If you stick with a Conventional website, you might consider changing your NavBar to a CSS3 one to avoid all the graphics Xara overloading into its approach.

One thing you could try is giving your logo a Name of filename="mySiteLogo", which would avoid each page havig to download another clone of the same thing.

Finally, I rarely see "flashing" on Xara sites so your design might have a feature that is forcing a page refresh. A link to your published site or upload the design file might help.

Second finally, you could embed your website into a master website that only has one page and the Logo and NavBar. All Navbar events would have to change the IFRAME (main site pages) but unless all your main site pages were thesame heigh, you would gain a vertical scrollbar for your efforts.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat