Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is the latest version WDP V15 now ok to use?

When WDP version 15 was first released, many here reported issues with it and advised staying with V12 until the issues were sorted. I have continued to use V12 but I am now wondering if the latest update of V15 is stable and recommended for use.
    I downloaded the latest V15 with the plan to check it out but got busy and the trial period ran out before I had a chance look at it.
    Appreciate your advice.
    Cheers,

Default Re: Is the latest version WDP V15 now ok to use?

Yes, it's no . Go ahead and download it & use it. You can still keep V12 on your computer as well.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

But please be aware there are still bugs they'nt fixed.
    One of them is the PDF-Export i reported it about two and half month ago. An other bug is TextColoring on a curve. The support for Photoshop Plugins failed too. The Zoom-thing as well. There are many more they was reporting too „dear Xara“. But never heard an answer.
    Maybe one of the moderators can bring this to the dear Xara-Forum?

Thanks, servus Ernie

Thanks Egg and Ernie.

It seems V15 is still not a solid version.

In regard to running both V12 and V15, I have V12 installed on my desktop and on a laptop so I can work when traveling. This uses up the two allowable licenses, so if I want to run V15 in parallel on one of the computers, then I have to un-license one of the V12 installations.

Thanks again, cheers.

You know version 12 isn't perfect either. I use both, but mostly v15. A lot faster and I can work around the bugs that don't matter. If they do I'll go to v12, but I'm now out of the update chain with it. I too needed more than 2 licenses, so I bought v15 twice. But that is just me.