Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default desg. pro X: Hollow rectangle or rectangle with visible border but no internal color

Sorry about the blunderish sounding Subject line; having been schooled in adobe tools I'm not sure
    what the terminology would be for Designer X.

I want to draw rectangles with a visible border line but no internal color
    I think the term in Illustrator would be a `stroke' but no internal color.

Just removing the color with with the crosshatched Icon in the bunch across the bottom (3rd from left)
    makes the rectangle invisible.

Shift click on the same icon sounds like it might do what I want, but seems to do nothing whatever for me.

Guessing its something pretty simple but after plowing thru a few of the beginner `How to's' I'm not finding it.

I'd like to be able to draw rectangles represented by a border line of whatever width I like and decide what colors to fill
    them with later.
    Xara Designer Pro 6.1.2.13287 Running on Win7 (64 bit)

Default Re: desg. pro X: Hollow rectangle or rectangle with visible border but no internal co

the immediate answer to your problem is to rightclick on the colour you want and select set line colour from the popup menu

shift click used to do it - but it has not been the default for a long time [you can set it so in options though]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: desg. pro X: Hollow rectangle or rectangle with visible border but no internal co

You have to set a line width.
    Go to the first window with a drop down arrow at the top of the screen and click the arrow and select the line width you would like. if the value isn't there you can click the window and input your own value.
    Right click on the page and select from the "General " tab. Then click on the check box in front of " Give new objects the most recent attributes". From then on additional shapes with have the same attributes ( color, line width, fill or lack thereof ) until you select / tell it otherwise.
    Last edited by AndFarr; 21 August 2018 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndFarr View Post
    You have to set a line width.
    Go to the first window with a drop down arrow at the top of the screen and click the arrow and select the line width you would like. if the value isn't there you can click the window and input your own value.
    Right click on the page and select from the "General " tab. Then click on the check box in front of " Give new objects the most recent attributes". From then on additional shapes with have the same attributes ( color, line width, fill or lack thereof ) until you select / tell it otherwise.
    Those same options are available in XP&GD v12 and v15 as well.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.