Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Designer Pro X11 vs Corel Draw

Hello guys,

I'm thinking about a new design for my skiing board. Will it be easier to create a professional look in Corel Draw or Xara Designer Pro X11 (I've just started to learn the latter). There are mostly negative reviews as for Corel Draw (difficult for beginners).
    Thanks.

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X11 vs Corel Draw

Quote Originally Posted by lumusislight View Post
    Hello guys,
    I'm thinking about a new design for my skiing board. Will it be easier to create a professional look in Corel Draw or Xara Designer Pro X11 (I've just started to learn the latter). There are mostly negative reviews as for Corel Draw (difficult for beginners).
    Thanks.
    Welcome to TalkGraphics.

I might have a piece of string. How long might it be?
    No one can answer such an open question like yours.

XDPX11 allows easy blends of images and vector with opportunities to muck up any design project. I would suggest learning techniques in either before working on any design as you will want repeatability first and foremost.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

CD is more fully-featured than XDP/XP&GD and with that greater capability is a steeper learning curve.

At this point, though, if you want to use an Xara product, I would recommend using the current version of Xara Photo & Graphic Designer (XP&GD). It cost less than XDP (and certainly CD) and is capable of what you want to design.

If you go for CorelDraw, do not get the home version, get the full product. Concentrate on what you want to accomplish and pay little attention to functions you do not need. The Corel forum has some good people that can help you.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics.

I might have a piece of string. How long might it be?
    No one can answer such an open question like yours.

XDPX11 allows easy blends of images and vector with opportunities to muck up any design project. I would suggest learning techniques in either before working on any design as you will want repeatability first and foremost.

Acorn
    Hello Acorn,

Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll try to learn the basics of both, but the only issue is time. But again - need to choose the priority (either quality and (perhaps) good projects or quantity and poor results (most likely)).

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    CD is more fully-featured than XDP/XP&GD and with that greater capability is a steeper learning curve.

At this point, though, if you want to use an Xara product, I would recommend using the current version of Xara Photo & Graphic Designer (XP&GD). It cost less than XDP (and certainly CD) and is capable of what you want to design.

If you go for CorelDraw, do not get the home version, get the full product. Concentrate on what you want to accomplish and pay little attention to functions you do not need. The Corel forum has some good people that can help you.

Mike
    Thanks Mike,

Will definitely need Corel forum [LINK TO MALWARE SITE REMOVED BY MODERATOR] help. I've just checked what they suggest for the full product support. But ideally, I would like to do everything on my own.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 23 August 2018 at 01:24 PM.

lumusislight - I removed your second link (solutions) because it was different from your forum link and was blocked by Malwarebytes on my computer.