Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whossat?

0 0%

I`m using painter5.5 with an Aiptek graphics tablet which communicates through the parallel port.
    Unfortunately the pressure part doesn`t work.
    I downloaded a patch from Suzi Woollatt`s web site - http://www.swill.co.uk/ - but it crashes painter after about 5 minutes.
    If I now restart painter, the pressure pad works, but when I move around the image using the hand icon, it always draws a line from the last position to the first place I click on - which is not entirely desirable.
    Anybody got any idea of how to fix this?
    IP

Hi Bigbloke,

Forgive me if you have already tried this. Go to edit>perferences>brush tracking to get better tracking. You have to do this each time you use painter. I use a wacom and sometimes I get lines without even touching the pad. So I hope this works for you.

Check the manufacturer's web site for the very latest drivers.

Hope this helps,
    Cheryl
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cheryl:
    Hi Bigbloke,

Forgive me if you have already tried this. Go to edit>perferences>brush tracking to get better tracking. You have to do this each time you use painter. I use a wacom and sometimes I get lines without even touching the pad. So I hope this works for you.

Check the manufacturer's web site for the very latest drivers.

Hope this helps,
    Cheryl<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    null
    IP

Thanks Cheryl - I`ve tried this and no luck.
    Thanks for replying
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigbloke:

<SNIP>

If I now restart painter, the pressure pad works, but when I move around the image using the hand icon, it always draws a line from the last position to the first place I click on - which is not entirely desirable.
    Anybody got any idea of how to fix this?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That happens to me sometimes, too, and I don't know the cause. It's simple to fix, though:

1. Click the Grabber tool and move the image.

2. Click any other tool (not the Brush tool), then click the Brush tool again and begin to paint. (Or, click the "V" key for Straight Lines Brush, then click the "B" key for Freehand Brush and continue painting.)

This "breaks the connection" so to speak and the Brush begins painting where you want it to.

Hope I understood your problem and this helps.

Good luck

Jinny Brown

PixelAlley's Section Links: http://www.pixelalley.com/pixelalley...ons-pages.html
    (Painter 5 and 6 tutorials, Painter 7 info, tutorials, PDF downloads, brushes)
    Painter Forum at In Depth Discussions: http://www.critical-depth.com/cgi-bin/idd/
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP