Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Fonts changing

Default Fonts changing

Hi helpful teams..
    My website works when previewed on all web browsers, but on my tablet, some headings are changing to weird fonts. Specifically, every second letter is changed.
    I'm using stock standard websafe fonts like tahoma or verdana.
    The same fonts in body text are not affected.

I've updated the headings in the Xara web designer ( classic version), but it's still happening.
    Secondly. some headings are showing as coloured fonts, where there are meant to be black.

This has only just started happening. It has been fine up till the last couple of days.

Am I under some kind of attack or something?

thanks
    ray

Default Re: Fonts changing

Being under attack sounds about right. But no, I don't think you are under attack. Honest.

Can you provide a link and let the members preview the page or site on their own devices and see if we are seeing the same thing you are?

Perhaps a full upload to your server rather than just changed files would help. Sometimes things don't get uploaded for some reason.

The problem seem to have resolved itself... I cleared my pc cache and then researched for the site, and all was well.
    I even came up correct on two other independent tablets. Don't understand that at all.
    Anyhow... fine for now..
    thanks for your advice.

I suggest it was all down to your browser cache and clearing that would have done the trick.
    I recall Tahoma has glyph problems with Chrome rendering so you probably got whammied by that in passing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat