Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Schema markup

Default Schema markup

Hello All,

Was wondering if Xara Website Design Premium 15.1 has the function to apply Schema markup?

Thank You

Default Re: Schema markup

Quote Originally Posted by tomoffinland17 View Post
    Hello All,
    Was wondering if Xara Website Design Premium 15.1 has the function to apply Schema markup?
    Thank You
    Tom. I doubt you will get an answer as few, in using Xara, ever need to understand microformats or JSON-LD.

If you were to use Google's Structured Data Markup Helper on a published Xara site, you could add all the tagging needed and replace the published page but I suspect everything would be lost on an update.
    You could create micro-tagged fragments from Xara source code and build up a Schema Markup and then add it all back into a Placeholder.

I had a look at Xara's Online Content Catalogue and little of its code resembles Schema Markup or even HTML5 so I doubt if it has been considered.
    Xara might consider using Xara Cloud as an easy mechanism to adding Schema Markup to design files that could be ported back into the Desktop applications but I doubt Xara will ever rework its HTML rendering mechanism directly.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat