Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Are we getting tired of this stuff yet?

Sorry James, had to go with the car theme.

The vette was printed on a black shirt. Gave me a world of trouble. Had to send it to PhotoShop.

The Mopars were done in Black & White some time ago for A Mopar Club. I'm not posting the design they were in, just the cars. I felt the need for "Racing Slicks", ie Micky Thompsons on the rear wheels... Gotta have grip!

The boat, just finished today. It's only 2 colors... Now that's alot of graphic for a 2 color job eh? I might do this with 4 plates, 2 for the black & blue so the subtleties in the gradient will print clearer. Thanks Xara!

The Marlin Swim team was finished monday. They liked it so much they've come back to order more shirts. How bout that? Did I say thanks Xara, for a program well done!

Enjoy

----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

wW....tired of talent like this - no way . The cars are excellent, I've no idea how they're done . The boat is brillaint too, marvellous art .

Christopher.

GREAT WORK!!
    I really like the boat graphic, very very well done. Thanks for posting these. tim

I like all of em Waldo. Keep up the good work.

The cars and the boat are very nice. You said only 2 colors for the boat? I don't know a lot about printing so when you print something with the gradients of the gray color does this only count as 2 colors ? black and white ?
    I am trying to make something for a shirt and there can only be 6 colors. when I look at the boat grpahic, I see more than 6 colors if you count the shades of gray and blue.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Hi Bruce,

People say only 2 colors, but it is actually only 2 inks. The amount of ink at any particular spot makes for different shades.

Think back to the days when you used to color in your coloring book. Pressing hard created a different shade than pressing lightly with your crayon. This is the same idea, different application.

Waldo.
    That fishing gin palace is excellent. Take my booking!
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I don't see anyone on that sexy boat -- the fearless lady and her boy toy must be in the cabin...

Remember kids, if the boat's-a-rock'n-don't-come-knock'n!

Yes the boat is very nice and maybe there should be at least one person there.
    Thanks John , I think you answered my question for the printing and colors. I guess that is the same thing that ww means when he says only 2 colors.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Bruce, Whenever the shades of blue or black are used they turn into halftones or dots. John is correct is saying 2 ink colors. Sorry for not being clear.

When printing, If I'm trying to get subtle shading then I'll put the solid areas on one screen (no shading) & a second screen with the entire image. This way they can squeegee the ink with a soft hand for the shades & halftones. Then squeegee a hard pressure pass on the other screen which will be all the solid areas of the print. The solid area's will be hit with two ink passes for a solid & non fading print.

The client didn't want anyone on the boat. It would add a nice touch having some life in there though... He also wants me to take out the fishing chair, which is fine by me, since it didn't turn out that good. It was difficult to see what was going on in the low rez photo he provided. The back of the boat looks cleaner now without the ambiguous chair.

Glad ya'll like this stuff. If anyone has any screen print questions feel free to post questions here or PM, anytime.

wW
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE