Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Burning The Midnight Oil

Cheers Acorn
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Gray.

Eric,
    That is fun!!!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

It was fun doing it too.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi again Ron, returning to the FX effects I never really get on with them but Gary & I are keen on Prisma. I really like the effects (that are adjustable) that this app creates.

Here's an example using your original image. (Unfortunately it looks like he's sitting on a bucketless commode )

http://www.parkeston.com/rons-oil/
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 16 August 2018 at 01:14 AM.
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Here's my attempt an distracting from the too clean vector look:
    That's excellent Egg, certainly taken the clean lines of vector away. Did you do that with Prisma?

Stygg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi again Ron, returning to the FX effects I never really get on with them but Gary & I are keen on Prisma. I really like the effects (that are adjustable) that this app creates.

Here's an example using your original image. (Unfortunately it looks like he's sitting on a bucketless commode )

http://www.parkeston.com/rons-oil/
    Is Prisma free? What's the web address?

Xara's Facebook

Prisma is a free mobile app, or you can purchase one to avoid ads I believe. It works on ios & android phones as far as I know.
    Egg

Fine the way it is Ron but you could lessen it a little and increase the effect on the glow around the lamps, just my opinion though. All in all I like it, and I agree with Egg.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I decided to stick with using just Xara. I've applied texture to the walls and of course I had already applied a "overlay" fractal transparency to weather the furniture.

Additionally, I darkened the books' pages as they were too bright. I added some more books stacked in a pile and made them turned every which way instead of a perfectly aligned stack.
    I changed the wood grain on the chest as the walnut wasn't working for me, and I adjusted the wood shading with a separate filter for the particular piece of furniture; also changed the handles from wood to brass.
    Also, I added a little more detail/shading to both the dog and cat. They were too flat. Adjusted some shading on the furniture. I added some light color and transparency to the carpet in the middle, where the Old Man's chair and shoes would cause the most wear. The Old Man's legs were too flat, so I added more shading there and darkened them a little more as they are under the desk.
    Lastly, I added a little more shadow above the clock and some highlights on the clock's face to give it more shape/depth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burningthemidnightoil.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	121920  

Xara's Facebook

Wonderful work, Ron!