Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default jot form expensive

So I setup my client with jotform. Their pricing is quite high specially when they only give you 10 online payment processing.
    I was wondering it there are other ways of collecting information from a form and then directing the total cost of products to paypal once the form is submitted?

So, the form for example has hockey camps and once lessons are picked, total pricing is displayed and the submit form would send the user to paypal for payment.

Default Re: jot form expensive

Delete this please......apparently no one uses forms in their xara projects.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Delete this please......apparently no one uses forms in their xara projects.
    behzad, you have a couple of approaches.

The first is to build a form that is purely local and creates a hidden variable based on the various selections and tallies up the overall cost.
    The user could print out the form for reference but what you receive is a PayPal order containing the hidden variable value as the reference and the value.
    You would then have to decode the value back into a human-readable format.
    All this is very basic HTML with a small bit of code to populate the PayPal fields.

The second is to buy into a CMS that handles a shopping basket mechanism. You have found JotForm expensive: the free starter allows 3 monthly payments.
    Bronze is 10 payments for $19/m, which is expensive. Silver has the economy of scale at $39/m for 100 payments.

Ecwid has a free product with no transaction fees for up to 10 products.

There is http://www.xt-cms.com/purchase/ to consider at €145, one-off cost. I have not got this or tested on current Xara Desktop applications but https://www.talkgraphics.com/member.php?23781-xtom could advise.

None are simple to implement and quickly become very bespoke for the designer's purposes.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

for a form builder, I was thinking about Simfatic Forms at https://simfatic.com/ that mite work. I do not know if it can exchange info with Paypal. Maybe reach out to them and see what they say.

Ray

Thank you guys. I do appreciate your input. For now my client bought into the silver package but $40 a month specially in US is too much, but the ease of use is good and for me I know jotform. It seems every company is getting greedy and jacking up their prices. The world has become a greedy place.

Why not just use PayPal in place of the form? Name, address, phone, etc, is collected on checkout, and the ability to offer dropdown options w/separate pricing or checkboxes (multiple product/service sales).

Koko will look into it. Thanks.