Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Customisable Dash Lines

The dash patterns are another orphaned feature that needs updating. Specifically user defined patterns. I think CorelDRAW has this ability and probably Illustrator.

Default Re: Customisable Dash Lines

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The dash patterns are another orphaned feature that needs updating. Specifically user defined patterns. I think CorelDRAW has this ability and probably Illustrator.
    Gary, do indulge my denseness here but does a Scatter Brush do all this already? Admittedly, only for XDPX, but a brush fan could offer up a collection to augment another application's Document Brushes collection.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Try it yourself.

Kind of a dog's breakfast. Especially with the new Edit Brush settings.

Illustrator and other programs let you define a dashed line pattern, and determine the corners.

When I create my stereograms, I frequently add a thin outline layer that defines the hidden shapes and makes the edges sharper. Sometimes I like to add a dashed outline so the outline is more subtle.

But applying any of the preset outlines to a .5 px line results in a dashed line with spaces that are too narrow and as such no use to me.

Yes, I am sure if I played around with it enough I might be able to come up with something. But the way Illustrator lets you define the dash pattern (which is applied in real time so you can edit as needed) is simpler and more intuitive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dashed lines.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	121691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Illustrator.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	121692  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SLASH.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	251.7 KB 
ID:	121693  

Ouch!

Haven't seen that one.
    Definitely +1

Is this the type of thing you're after Gary?

Name:	customisable-dash-lines.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	121874  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Well if you simply increased the line width then no. Not sure if you have ever used a dialog like the one I posted but it makes it easy and intuitive and you see the results in real time.

Not sure if you have ever used a dialog like the one I posted but it makes it easy and intuitive and you see the results in real time.
    But pretty limited Gary. Create this in Illy. Agreed, you can't determine the corner positioning.

Name:	brush-dash-pattern.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	121877  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

But pretty limited Gary. Create this in Illy. Agreed, you can't determine the corner positioning.
    Look at the dialog again. There are two corner settings.

Agreed, you can't determine the corner positioning.
    That's what I said Gary.
    Egg