Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Print command on Web page

Have searched help etc but cannot find. I want to include a "Print this page" command on a web page, typically to download an application form. Terry

Default Re: Print command on Web page

Terry, the simplest if the form is the web page is to have a button "Print this page" with a web link of javascript:window.print();.

If you want a genuine download link then that is a different kettle.
    Simplest would be to create a rectangle Placeholder with body code of <a href="index_htm_files/151by6 source.pdf" download="fred";>Download this form!</a>.
    The PDF would have to be dragged onto the page as a link for Xara to know about it.
    This only works on modern browsers, otherwise it just opens the form.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I would use a .pdf with the necessary link to it. You could add a short instructions text box for those that are computer challenged and even include a link to a reader such as Foxit or Adobe. Most modern browsers will guide the user once a link is clicked, so the user can choose to download the form or open the form if the browser is not configured to open it within the browser. I personally don't want a button that automatically prints a .pdf or any other document until I have seen it as some files have blank pages or unneeded pages and I can choose which page(s) to print. Just my way of working with forms but it does work and Xara / Magix makes it easy to add the link - no coding necessary.

Acorn The simplest form is exactly what I wanted and believe it or not I have got it working. Many thanks as normal. Terry

Thanks for the reply, as you can see I have used the simplest solution as per Acorn's reply. However I don't think my terminology refers to the "forms" as you know it. We have a pre printed application form that has to be posted back to us with other documents. Apologies if my statement was confusing. However I think your instruction will be needed in the future. Terry

Had to abandon the "Print Page" option for now. I could only get it to work correctly with Edge. Chrome, IE and Firefox printed offset and small, have I missed something.
    Pleased that it printed but not any good if it is not correct. Terry

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    Had to abandon the "Print Page" option for now. I could only get it to work correctly with Edge. Chrome, IE and Firefox printed offset and small, have I missed something.
    Pleased that it printed but not any good if it is not correct. Terry
    Terry, can't help much without the offending page. The offsets may be what the browser print options are set to.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for coming back to me, as most of the site is working well, I will come back to this problem later. Terry

All pages on the site are displaced to the right. I have had to attach the complete site because I did not know how or if I could attach a single page. The particular page I'm interested in callers to print is the "Seniors Open". When I go to other sites their "Print Page" comes out perfectly OK, whatever browser I'm using so I assume it is my error. Any ideas please.

Further question how do I delete captured images in the "File Upload Manage" Terry
    Attached Files Attached Files

Info Re: Print command on Web page

Terry, part of a solution for you to try.

change the link to
    Code:
    javascript: var pWindow = window.open(window.location, "Print Window", "width=840,height=1400", "toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,top=100,left=100"); pWindow.print();
    the problem with Xara centring web pages is he left margin becomes part of the printed page and is therefore dependent on the width of the browser at the time. If the browser has a horizontal scrollbar then the whole page is placed nicely.

This fix open a new window to such a width and then enables the print.

Acorn