Default Re: Update Service period expired pop up

Moving this thread to Dear Xara.
    Gary W. Priester
    Mr. Moderator Emeritus Dude
    , Sir

gwpriester.com | Custom-Stereograms.com | eyeTricks on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    No checkbox? I can imagine that is really annoying. Is this something introduced in v15? I'm still on 12. Seriously though a pro-program that you pay significant money on cutting features/content and then nagging you everytime you launch? It's like Xara are doing their best to drive users away.
    I summarised the overall nagging here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...156#post592156.

Perhaps Xara can address all these concerns?

Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: occasionally serviced XDPX, purposely unserviced XDPX12 & XDPX11 (32/64-bit), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7 and lots of 'permanently-owned' licences back through time (to CC's Artworks)

you could try clicking the upgrade button which will take you to magix, and then after just looking around leaving.. you never know might just shut it up...
    -------------------------------

I have a unique problem in that my events website developed some kind of problem in Pro X (the last one before the subscription thing) but I found it opened alright in Pro X11, which is where it started it's life. So currently I run both versions to cover that and all my other work. So I'm forever opening both. And both put up nagging messages but even if I click the do not show box it all gets cancelled out and up they pop again next time I open the alternative version.

as far as the marketing nag goes: my view is that magix make a 'new' 'offer' frequently [weekly?]- every time this is done up pops the nag again because it is a 'new offer''

this update service expired nag I don't see, maybe because of doing what I suggested in post #13.. but I don't know..
    -------------------------------

Well if so it's having the opposite to the desired effect. I am less likely to be tempted to buy another Magix product if it's their policy to constantly nag with popup ads