Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Print command on Web page

Try this tweak, which should close the pop-up after 10 seconds if the print is cancelled or committed.
    Code:
    javascript: var pWindow = window.open(window.location, "Print Window", "width=840,height=1400", "toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,top=100,left=100"); pWindow.print();void(setTimeout('pWindow.close()',10000));
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. I think we/you are nearly there, my page I think needs some tweeks but haven't time to finish tonight, it is printing centrally but has rubbish amongst it, will sort tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
    Terry

Apologies Acorn but I cannot get it to work. The print option appears once, with the page having spurious items on it, then it just stops working. Tried various tweaks but still struggling. Terry

Info Re: Print command on Web page

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    Apologies Acorn but I cannot get it to work. The print option appears once, with the page having spurious items on it, then it just stops working. Tried various tweaks but still struggling. Terry
    Terry, both work on my browsers with your site. The length of your current page is force a two-page print. Only Edge is awkward and sometimes won't automatically close. The print layout in Edge is also weird.

Tweaks won't help as even a missing semi-colon and the code will not play.

Here is a sampler: JS - Print Page - Smiler.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It seems that nearly the entire page is a link to the tee times page. Could that be a problem?

It could be I will correct this later today and try again, however Acorn has said it works OK on his browsers using the same page. Thanks bk. Terry

... I have had to attach the complete site because I did not know how or if I could attach a single page....
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...812#post597812
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Terry, I have raised this as a Dear Xara as it is not just you who needs it: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...7-Consequences.

Also your 'seniors open' page has a different structure to other pages in that is only has a Layer 1 and not MouseOff & MouseOver layers. This should not be a problem but it might be part of your muck-up.

Acorn

Thanks Acorn. I made the Seniors Open page different because I did not want the navigation bars and header picture printed. The page prints but it is different with each browser I use and I do not get a print preview with some. I have been on a number of other sites and every one gives options in print preview mode. Two points 1 should I have constructed the said page differently? 2 How will I know if Xara comes up with a solution. Terry

Personally I prefer to create a pdf document for this sort of thing. Copy & Pasting into Word would be my last choice. To start with there's an expectancy that everyone uses Word that's far from the truth. Far more people have Acrobat Reader or similar installed.

But that said I've been trying to get this print page option to work. It's very frustrating but I believe this works. The page is a supersite. This seems to eliminate the left margin that you get on a standard website but also means you can't implement it into your standard site but would require it to be opened in a new tab (I think this is the case?)

I've tried the attached xar printing in Chrome, Firefox, IE & Edge and for me they all print as expected. That said it's a torturous procedure to go through especially in Edge, when after eventually getting a preview & hitting print you may as well go & make a cup of coffee.

I no longer have Word installed but I've found that importing a Word .docx file (beloved by Tel seems to work fine.

Here's an example for you to test:

DEMO
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host