Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Print command on Web page

Hi Egg Thanks for working on the Print problem. Like the nice clean layout you produced. Maybe you are leaving me behind, I opened your sample and went into xara "Preview" and the "Print Page" did not work, I assume this is the only way I can test this.
    You mentioned "Supersite" that needs some explanation for me please. I know we have had this conversation a number of times re Word. Of the 6/7 reports that are sent to me a week for inclusion on the our web site all are Word docs, converting those to PDF's is time consuming and if I get the Word docs to work in Xara I find that's OK. Also producing links in an imported PDF into Xara does not appear to work for me. Also if I have a long document like our "Events Diary" when I import a PDF into Xara I will get several seperate pages where as with word I extend the page length and and can import as a one document. I'm not trying to sell Word I'm just saying it's the only way I can produce our website. Also as Acorn suggested some time ago if the are problems with importing a Word doc into Xara then putting it into a dummy page and the copying it and pasting it into the real site seems to cure any problems.
    This is far removed from the Print problem, maybe I'm not trying your sample correctly, so help please. Terry

Egg Just gone to Print Page from our WEB page in various browsers again, funny how our experiences differ so much. IE print small and cannot adjust in preview. Chrome can adjust but preset itself at 79% and adjustable, good result. Edge adjustable, set at 75% quick and best result!!!. Firefox did not work at all. Android did not work using my "Print Page" but could print page OK.

Thought you would be interested. Terry

I believe the Print Screen is a pigs ear Tel, but try this;

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg Many thanks for that, must have taken some time to compose. Most of my pages in print preview are positioned to the right of the page, believe or not except for Edge where it is as near perfect. I think I will re compose my page and see what happens. In the mean time I have to say using the "Print Page" link, that is using Acorn's code, on my page is give the best overall result as I have it.
    Thanks again for your time and effort. Terry

No problem Tel
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host