Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Reclaiming Page Space...

I have tried with this but I do need some pointers.

Three objects on a page x,y,z - vertical alignment - I delete y - how do I reclaim the page space it was occupying ?

My situation is more complex than that but a solution to that other than selecting z and moving it up would help.

Many Thanks

John

Default Re: Reclaiming Page Space...

Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    I have tried with this but I do need some pointers.
    Three objects on a page x,y,z - vertical alignment - I delete y - how do I reclaim the page space it was occupying ?
    My situation is more complex than that but a solution to that other than selecting z and moving it up would help.
    Many Thanks John
    John, you can only do this if z is Auto-fit to page and set to Bottom.
    You then reduce the page height.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

John - I am a visual person and I have absolutely NO idea what you are asking. Can you post a visual example of what you are asking about?

Hi, sorry to confuse

my site is http://www.gamesetal.net/gea/

It's work in progress and links etc don't all work - but if you scroll down you will see a 'gap' it's that which I am trying to erase...

Much appreciate your time in seeking to assist me.

I will show you my - work in progress - webpage - still a lot of work to do but you will see a 'gap' as you scroll down

http://www.gamesetal.net/gea/

Thanks for your time.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in "selecting z and moving it up".

What will help you is to soft-group each entry from the divider to the bottom of the entry.
    That way moving and re-arranging is far easier to control.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    What will help you is to soft-group each entry from the divider to the bottom of the entry.
    That way moving and re-arranging is far easier to control.
    Nudge.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    John - I am a visual person and I have absolutely NO idea what you are asking. Can you post a visual example of what you are asking about?
    Hi, see www.gamesetal.net/gea - when you scroll down you will see the blank space.

Much appreciate your time and any assistance you can give.

Hi John, perhaps this will help. There is a bug using this method but it should be alright to use. I'll see if the devs can chase the bug down in another thread.

Sorry about the frog in my throat! Watch Full Screen

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I ran through this quickly so as not to delay a 'thank you' to you - I pretty sure the message came through by your patient explanation - but I will sit down and go through more thoroughly.

I am overawed that someone could spend 30 minutes of their time to assist me - I do offer my sincere thanks to you.

Best Wishes, John