Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reclaiming Page Space...

I have tried with this but I do need some pointers.

Three objects on a page x,y,z - vertical alignment - I delete y - how do I reclaim the page space it was occupying ?

My situation is more complex than that but a solution to that other than selecting z and moving it up would help.

Many Thanks

John

Default Re: Reclaiming Page Space...

Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    I have tried with this but I do need some pointers.
    Three objects on a page x,y,z - vertical alignment - I delete y - how do I reclaim the page space it was occupying ?
    My situation is more complex than that but a solution to that other than selecting z and moving it up would help.
    Many Thanks John
    John, you can only do this if z is Auto-fit to page and set to Bottom.
    You then reduce the page height.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

John - I am a visual person and I have absolutely NO idea what you are asking. Can you post a visual example of what you are asking about?

Appreciate your time - as you may have guessed I have don't just have the 3 I have 20 + objects, items for sale, on the page -If I sell the middle one....

I have just realised that as I list in chronological order I may need to enter one in the middle - what a muddle !

I am converting an old site I did in Dreamweaver, years ago, that I listed products in a table - then it was easy to add and delete.

Hi, sorry to confuse

my site is http://www.gamesetal.net/gea/

It's work in progress and links etc don't all work - but if you scroll down you will see a 'gap' it's that which I am trying to erase...

Much appreciate your time in seeking to assist me.

I will show you my - work in progress - webpage - still a lot of work to do but you will see a 'gap' as you scroll down

http://www.gamesetal.net/gea/

Thanks for your time.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in "selecting z and moving it up".

What will help you is to soft-group each entry from the divider to the bottom of the entry.
    That way moving and re-arranging is far easier to control.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    John - I am a visual person and I have absolutely NO idea what you are asking. Can you post a visual example of what you are asking about?
    Hi, see www.gamesetal.net/gea - when you scroll down you will see the blank space.

Much appreciate your time and any assistance you can give.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    What will help you is to soft-group each entry from the divider to the bottom of the entry.
    That way moving and re-arranging is far easier to control.
    Nudge.

Acorn

Delete the one divider graphic. Marque select the text and objects below and press the Shift + up arrow key to move all the text and objects up.

From a design point of view, I think your background is too busy and detracts from what you are trying to present. I would use a solid color background. And I don't think you need the grid. Make it simple. And the bright green in the banner does not relate to anything else on the page. I would suggest a darker red, brown or gold from your playing cards.