Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara eCommerce Widgets

Hi, with my photography website, I'm now looking at using the Xara Paypal "Buy Now" widget - with one widget per photo/page (will be about 40 photos in total). While I can get the widget working, I would like to be able to have two drop down boxes (with options): (1) for the photo size and corresponding price (eg 8x12in $50; 12x18in $65) and (2) one for the type of print (eg glossy paper, metallic etc). Once both are selected the price for the selected size and print media will come up. I can do (1) no problem but not sure how to do both with final price depending on the combination of size and medium.
    I have tried using Ecwid but no success using a Single Product Button (which is what they have advised - as one product per page).

Default Re: Xara eCommerce Widgets

Quote Originally Posted by bmcdon View Post
    Hi, with my photography website, I'm now looking at using the Xara Paypal "Buy Now" widget - with one widget per photo/page (will be about 40 photos in total). While I can get the widget working, I would like to be able to have two drop down boxes (with options): (1) for the photo size and corresponding price (eg 8x12in $50; 12x18in $65) and (2) one for the type of print (eg glossy paper, metallic etc). Once both are selected the price for the selected size and print media will come up. I can do (1) no problem but not sure how to do both with final price depending on the combination of size and medium.
    I have tried using Ecwid but no success using a Single Product Button (which is what they have advised - as one product per page).
    No immediate solution but you could use one drop down with all the combinations of (size x media). have you looked through Paypal button guidance?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    No immediate solution but you could use one drop down with all the combinations of (size x media). have you looked through Paypal button guidance?

Acorn
    Thanks again Acorn - yes thought about that but would result in 16 options for each photo. Have read all the Paypal button guidance and thus far cannot see a way to do it that is easier / less busy for the consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcdon View Post
    Thanks again Acorn - yes thought about that but would result in 16 options for each photo. Have read all the Paypal button guidance and thus far cannot see a way to do it that is easier / less busy for the consumer.
    If I get the time, I'll trawl around; you cannot be the only one.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    If I get the time, I'll trawl around; you cannot be the only one.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn