Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro Survey

Rob,

Like Acorn and myself made clear in this thread,why the survey and not sifting through the dear xara section,tedious I know.
    But like you said,being rhetorical gives the answers xara wants.
    IP

Don't put us in the same class as marketing here. We know and we do go through the dear Xara section.
    IP

It wasn't addressed to you personally, Rob.
    Merely to point out that there are already so much suggestions made in that section.
    IP

If there's a particular feature you want to see, post it in the Dear Xara section and we'll take a look.
    I feel like a stuck record, but here goes again. Look carefully at the existing features and ask, how can we make these better? Or do we really need this feature.

Most of the time, new features are introduced and then promptly forgotten. Case in point the web animation features. The UI for the web animations needs a lot of work to make it intuitive. For example add more time (plus user defined timing). Make the sliders make sense. Add a series of conceal (opposite of reveal). This is one of the best web features and yet it has been orphaned while the search goes on for the next big feature.

Xara is such a great product. Make it better with what is already there.
    IP

We're doing that already, when the beta builds get released you'll see some of the improvements we've made to existing features. But keep adding to the Dear Xara forums also as it keeps it in one section and makes it easier to scan through.
    IP

We're doing that already, when the beta builds get released you'll see some of the improvements we've made to existing features. But keep adding to the Dear Xara forums also as it keeps it in one section and makes it easier to scan through.
    Excellent news.
    IP

I filled out the survey also. I'm hoping this will produce good things....
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer
    IP

There were a couple of comment boxes in the survey, so I commented, including comments on the choices available for one of the questions, and a comment to look at Dear Xara requests. These boxes are where we can make a difference, assuming that the comments are read.

As for "why the survey," this is undoubtedly to get feedback from those who don't follow TG, Dear Xara. However, the statistics that can be generated will be limited to the choices given, and as we saw, most of the choices did not include the most requested new features in Dear Xara, so the results will be misleading.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)
    IP

Agree completely with this....I'm semi-professional and have been using this stuff for decades, literally and have never, EVER used a template.
    IP

Following on...I haven't upgraded the subscription service yet, for no other reason than I don't want more templates, which seems to be the biggest draw to upgrade.

I don't believe they are listening but are playing lip service while maximising the attitude that you need this or that and must listen to what we think. Pity really after so many years. If a template is the be all and end all I might as well just go to Wix or use the many site building tools from the like of Godaddy, it would be cheaper.
    IP