Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro Survey

There's a similar survey for XPGD although question 2 refers to XDPX. An error perhaps?

Julia
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	survey-photo-graphic-designer.PNG 
Views:	76 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	121760  
    IP

I have most of those tools that I want, Hans - but they are in other programs

I don't, and never did, have any objection to using more than one program
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Yes Steve, I do use multiple programs/tools for what it is I want to do.
    The point is that Kate told us that a certain survey pointed xara to have text in shapes,tables and more content,like pre-designed templates?,still find this strange for a creative program,a few to get started,ok,but paid?
    Did we like that route?
    These surveys are always suggestive to what direction xara wants us to go.
    Is this just a data collecting survey or is xara to lazy to go through the dear xara forum to create the tools many others have suggested?

-real pantone support
    -new/better bitmaptracer
    -bitmap mesh/warp tool
    -color mesh/warp tool
    -perspective grids/guides
    -better 3d wrapping
    -better bitmap/vector brushes

These main tools need a real overhaul or should have been added years ago
    IP

I found the URL for Web Designer amusing: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/44784...-web-designer-16 (c.f., https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/44780...designer-pro-x)

Regardless of the quality of the survey, do it as often as you like to get your points across.
    If you have lots of different emails then this might up your chances of a prize!

The fact the survey hasn't appeared for v12 (and earlier?) is another MagiXara own goal. V12 does have a "marketing campaign" to 02 August, today, so it might be all planned or this Post becomes the trigger.Anyhow, use either of the above surveys and simply add your suggestions.

Personally, getting a Magix person sitting down and actually reading TalkGraphics Threads would have been more productive.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Hans - I'm inclined to think that TG is only one focal point for collecting information about users wishes - I would think that social media figures these days; indeed the client interviews that Charles Moir referred to took place where? not here unless it was on a non public board...

these in-program surveys supports the feeling I get that TG is becoming if not marginalised, then not necessarily the go-to place for getting target users views... and anyway when you look at the traffic on TG most of it is web oriented...
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

thanks acorn for the link[s]
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Had a look at the survey,thanks Acorn for the link.
    It is as suspected just a marketing/data collection survey.
    Because none of the questions asked are about the program or tools.
    But only about who you are and if you use the OCC
    This seems to be the point of interest(probably to sell us more content??)
    IP

Regardless of the quality of the survey, do it as often as you like to get your points across.
    So you think I could get my points across if I posted the wish list in the additional info a couple of thousand times?
    Don't think so and besides why the money offer?
    And they're not even consistent in the currency rates with this offer.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Hans - I'm inclined to think that TG is only one focal point for collecting information about users wishes - I would think that social media figures these days; indeed the client interviews that Charles Moir referred to took place where? not here unless it was on a non public board...

these in-program surveys supports the feeling I get that TG is becoming if not marginalised, then not necessarily the go-to place for getting target users views... and anyway when you look at the traffic on TG most of it is web oriented...
    Yes more web oriented at TG because xara simply didn't create anything to the vector/drawing tools in years,hence the decline of interest by creators.
    And if the questions only point in that direction you only get those answers.
    IP

I don't have anything to do with marketing or this survey but we still go through the stuff in the dear Xara section. Yea I don't agree with Number 7 (Please select the 3 most important new features...), why only offer choices that you want users to select? (rhetorical, I know the answer lol)

If there's a particular feature you want to see, post it in the Dear Xara section and we'll take a look.
    IP